Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Note 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

markad1 wrote: »
    Thor did you trip the knox flag when you flashed the rom?

I believe it has, but to be honest, the Knox stuff is not important and while they aren't 100-percent sure what it will mean having it tripped, I bet we will see a reversal at some point like triangle away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

So...the only option here with on board storage is 16gb?

I may have missed something, but i was under the impression 32gb had (finally) become the entry level spec.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    So...the only option here with on board storage is 16gb?

I may have missed something, but i was under the impression 32gb had (finally) become the entry level spec.

It is 32GB standard, but I did hear there was some region specific versions that had only 16GB but none of them would be available here.

Mine has 32GB and it's nice, this time apps can stay there and my 64GB card can be music and tv shows and possibly some game data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Do any of the shops have them in yet on prepay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

How does it feel in the hand Thor? Step up on quality or still a bit cheap? Trying to see if it's worth giving up the Note 2/HTC One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Does anyone know if you change launchers if you loose any of the s-pen functionality? I've been using apex launcher for the last year...

How does it feel in the hand Thor? Step up on quality or still a bit cheap? Trying to see if it's worth giving up the Note 2/HTC One.

I never felt that the quality was bad on previous galaxy devices and always chopped that up to other companies making metal phones sounds better. I really think a metal phone is a bad idea as it needs a cover more than a plastic phone does and then it really looses the point of being metal.

The Note 3 feels very slim in hand and the back of it adds way more premium feel as people call it, again I had nothing really negative against the glossy back before, but i do agree that the new cover is way nicer and feels much better in hand.
    unklerosco wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you change launchers if you loose any of the s-pen functionality? I've been using apex launcher for the last year...

Using Apex myself, has no effect on the s-pen capabilities. Think of touchwiz as the entire user interface rather that just the app drawer and widget holder part. The my magazine feature however will not work with apex as it's built into touchwiz launcher.

Also, to let people know that you can now add any app to the pen window as well, as long as your rooted.

Cheers, of to stick apex on it now so...

I thought the back of the phone was gonna have a soft touch to it.. at least the texture gives some sort of grip. Still very impressed by how fast it is, deffo the fastest phone i've ever used... everything seems to instant, yet to notice any lag..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Thor wrote: »
    I believe it has, but to be honest, the Knox stuff is not important and while they aren't 100-percent sure what it will mean having it tripped, I bet we will see a reversal at some point like triangle away.

I have flashed 4.3 on my note 2 with this knox thing on board... All you need to do is root phone and access knox.apk (and three other apps) and add -.bak at the and of each app description /name. Then restart phone and it is disabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Is the phone 32gb from Meteor as it's listed as 16gb

• Advertisement

Craigels wrote: »
    Is the phone 32gb from Meteor as it's listed as 16gb

99% sure its 32gb.. emobile says the same and they're the one company.. got mine from emobile n its 32gb..

does anyone know anywhere that has sview or any other cases in stock?

iwo wrote: »
    I have flashed 4.3 on my note 2 with this knox thing on board... All you need to do is root phone and access knox.apk (and three other apps) and add -.bak at the and of each app description /name. Then restart phone and it is disabled.

I flash a rom that has all of the Knox stuff removed. The question he was asking was regarding the Knox warranty status when in download mode. It changes from 0x0 to 0x1 when you flash a recovery like CWM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Called in to CPW in Patricks Street in Cork this afternoon - to be told they won't have it for 2-3 weeks. :rolleyes:

Popped in to Meteor nextdoor and they had 1 left which he was happy to let me play with. :D

Then on to the Meteor/e-Mobile shop in Blackpool where they had a bunch. :cool:

I'm 95% sure now that I'll be going with a Note 3 over the S4. Its a good bit bigger than my current S2, but not massively so. Found it still fits comfortably in my pocket so all going well I'll be switching to e-Mobile from Meteor next week. Why pay Meteor €39 a month for 400 min/text and 1GB data when I can get unlimited calls/texts and 5GB data from e-Mobile for the exact same price?! :confused::eek:

Oh and the e-Mobile offer includes 4G too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

"Usually" the first phones out are not network locked

I'm eating those words.
    Note 3 came O2 branded and networked locked.
    There was no sticker saying European model sim restricted on it.
    It's a very nice phone coming from note 2 and S4.
    Adverts here they come :D

Reading this has me wanting one. I'm an android fan, have HTC One, Note 2, Nexus 4/7/10 but had been thinking of getting an iPhone 5s as my bloody car will accept one for music and my old ipod is intermittently dying.

Anyone know if it's possible to have an android recognised as ios on such things? If I could I'll pick one up in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Whats the best program to get my music on my Note 3 with a mac ?

Does mac not recognise phone as a drive?
    Unless you want some tool to sync iTunes with note?

I flash a rom that has all of the Knox stuff removed. The question he was asking was regarding the Knox warranty status when in download mode. It changes from 0x0 to 0x1 when you flash a recovery like CWM.

ohhh OK, would triangle away not fix that then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

iwo wrote: »
    ohhh OK, would triangle away not fix that then?

Triangle away doesn't reset this flag in the boot loader.
    It's a new "feature" Samsung brought out in the last round of updates to the S4 and it's on the Note 3.
    Once you modify the phone the Knox flag is raised and there is no way of resetting it.....yet :rolleyes:

I'd just upload to Google music. Alternatively just copy what you need the sd card.

Triangle away doesn't reset this flag in the boot loader.
    It's a new "feature" Samsung brought out in the last round of updates to the S4 and it's on the Note 3.
    Once you modify the phone the Knox flag is raised and there is no way of resetting it.....yet :rolleyes:

Brilliant...maybe this is why my allshare dongle doesnt work. It says "hardware problem" or something like that. I am sure that somebody will come up with fix for this knox bsh!t.
    Thanks for info btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Show me where I tried to sell or advertise my N900?
    Was it where I said I'd find it very hard to part with it???????
    We're here to talk about the Note 3 so as moderator it would be more in your line to clamp down on the dick measuring contest that occurred a few pages back on how the networks are and aren't screwing us with 24 month plans.
    philthrill69, I simply gave a very friendly general warning to all not to start trading in-thread, without handing out any warnings (yellow cards), infractions or bans. For anyone who's ever actually negotiated a trade, someone saying that they'd "find it very hard to part with" does not actually mean they won't part with it, but can just as easily be a strategy to drive up the price before they are 'willing' to part with it - oldest one in the book.

Either way, as my warning did not involve any moderator action on any poster, so I'm a little taken aback by the nature of your response, which incidentally constitutes arguing with a moderator in-thread, which is not permitted. On top of this, you decided to back-seat moderate also, which is also not permitted.

As such, you're getting an infraction for this and any further in-thread disruption by you will result in a ban. Same goes for anyone else who wishes to disrupt the thread.

One thing I didn't know before buying the phone was the so called region lock.. Has anyone tested there phone to see if it's locked? I have a US sim card somewhere, gonna try and dig it out to test..

I did notice that my box has no label on it about the region lock, looks like phones in the UK/US have the stickers on them..
    142521.jpg

I'm eating those words.
    Note 3 came O2 branded and networked locked.
    There was no sticker saying European model sim restricted on it.
    It's a very nice phone coming from note 2 and S4.
    Adverts here they come :D

Make sure to check out unlock.ie . They sent me my code within 20 Minutes. l also won't have any Region look Issues .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Make sure to check out unlock.ie . They sent me my code within 20 Minutes. l also won't have any Region look Issues .

Why did you not just ask O2 for the code? Check the HTC One thread and you will see that people got the unlock code straight away....

bidiots wrote: »
    Why did you not just ask O2 for the code? Check the HTC One thread and you will see that people got the unlock code straight away....

I did, but I heard nothing back from them and generally you have to spend over 150 on credit to get the code , which I haven't with them . I didn't mind spending 20 to get it and I got it in 20 minutes, which l wasn't expecting .

P.S

I wrote all of this with the s-pen . It's awesome and works much better than it did on the note 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Had a play with it earlier, it's very nice in the hand, not as big as I was expecting. I'll definitely be picking it up in December when my contract is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Can anyone tell me if the VF offer includes a 4G sim or is it just 3G?

Decided to bite the bullet. I have mine ready for pick up from Vodafone in the morning. If I chicken out I'll post up the store that has it in stock as it may be of use to someone. It's their last one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I have the note 3 from meteor ive also the 4g sim AND A 4G SERVICE,both on the lumia 1020 and htc one.
    No 4g on the note 3,anyone else have this issue with meteors Note 3?

its the GTN9005

jimmynokia wrote: »
    I have the note 3 from meteor ive also the 4g sim AND A 4G SERVICE,both on the lumia 1020 and htc one.

its the GTN9005

Same with emobile..gonna call them in the morn.

unklerosco wrote: »
    Same with emobile..gonna call them in the morn.

Think we got stung with wrong variant, no update available either, unless there's one due to activate it.

Think we got stung with wrong variant, no update available either, unless there's one due to activate it.

I believe it has to do with the CSC which determines the carrier/region and decides to have the option for LTE or not.

You have the right variant, my guess is you just need an update or something. Does seem odd your note getting a 4G option on the settings.

Edit,

Just to include, I don't have the option on my Note 3 either, although I'm with three which have yet to launch their 4g stuff, even though they said they were the first month of Autumn. I guess they never said who's Autumn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

just a reminder to ye all

don't forget to sign in / sign up for samsung apps

there's a €30 gift card waiting as I discovered a few minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭amallon

I have my note 3 a couple of days now and am really liking it. Its so much fast than my S3 as you'd expect and I've experienced no lag at all.

I'm still getting to grips with the s pen and have a small query.

If I open an action memo and hand write john doe 079456565 and add it to contacts it comes in as johndoe with no space. What am i doing wrong?

just a reminder to ye all

don't forget to sign in / sign up for samsung apps

there's a €30 gift card waiting as I discovered a few minutes ago

That's a nice extra.

Picked mine up there, so far I'm impressed. Looked at the white one in CPW and the black looks far classier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Anyone know how long it will be before Meteor release it on payg I'm not due an upgrade till February but Iccan't wait that long to trade in my note 2 I'm dying to get the note 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

How is the wifi on the note 3? It was slow on my Note 2. I am due an upgrade but i would like to know if the wifi reception is better before i take the upgrade.

• Advertisement

restive wrote: »
    How is the wifi on the note 3? It was slow on my Note 2. I am due an upgrade but i would like to know if the wifi reception is better before i take the upgrade.

Noticeably better on my UPC anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Did you have the note 2?

restive wrote: »
    Did you have the note 2?

Yes, but the performance could be related to the better processing power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Does anyone know if the Vodafone PAYG Note 3 is 4G version?

Does anyone know if the Vodafone PAYG Note 3 is 4G version?

It is. I bought one to pop my bill pay sim into and it had a sticker saying 4g on it and I also got a new sim card from them for it. There isn't an option to chose a 4g network however in the phones menu. Possibly will be an update for that in time I suspect.

its the GTN9005

Any luck on this?

I was talking to meteor yesterday, and they were saying that once I got the 4G Sim to give them a call to activate the Sim.

They also said that while the Sim would work straight away 4G wouldn't be activated until my next billing date which in my case would be the 10th.

thomasj wrote: »
    Any luck on this?

I was talking to meteor yesterday, and they were saying that once I got the 4G Sim to give them a call to activate the Sim.

They also said that while the Sim would work straight away 4G wouldn't be activated until my next billing date which in my case would be the 10th.

4g is not on the phone full stop which is pathetic meteor told me they are looking into it,i reckon its an update we need.

As to 4g i have it now on my htc one and lumia 1020,4G should be available to anyone immediately your plan changes on the billing date but you can use 4g now.

As is with 4g im finding it pretty lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

As is with 4g im finding it pretty lame.

In what sense?

In what sense?

There is never a constant 4g connection,its toggling between 3 and 4G constantly which in turn eats your battery a solid connection would not have the same effect,so often the case i cant keep a constant data connection and its annoying when working on the phone.

• Advertisement

,4G should be available to anyone immediately your plan changes on the billing date but you can use 4g now.

That's strange, I was told both by the customer service and in the shop that the 4G would not be activated until the next billing date.

Advertisement