Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Note 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jonj305

3 months left on my contract and meteor wont give me an upgrade. I was going to sign up for another 24 months but now im thinking on buying the the Note 3 on sim free and changing networks in 3 months. Meteor you let me down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

thomasj wrote: »
    That's strange, I was told both by the customer service and in the shop that the 4G would not be activated until the next billing date.[/QUOTE

Must be a lack of communication there somewhere!

And to further clarify

BV503DiIcAAOj0M.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

jonj305 wrote: »
    3 months left on my contract and meteor wont give me an upgrade. I was going to sign up for another 24 months but now im thinking on buying the the Note 3 on sim free and changing networks in 3 months. Meteor you let me down.

They give you an upgrade 2 months before the contract is due to expire. It seems they didn't fail you, it seems you saw a new phone and are impatient to get an upgrade, which is totally understandable, but not their problem. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

jimmynokia wrote: »
    thomasj wrote: »
    That's strange, I was told both by the customer service and in the shop that the 4G would not be activated until the next billing date.[/QUOTE

Must be a lack of communication there somewhere!

And to further clarify

BV503DiIcAAOj0M.png

This is all I get on Vodafone version.

Screenshot_2013-10-06-17-43-17_zpscd75f57c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

so what accessories is everyone looking forward to getting (or already have)?

got myself a cheap silicone case and screen protectors until i can decide on something better and more permanent.

also getting a mag mount for the air vent to put it into the car and already got a charger that will do the job there.

so what else do i *need* to get? :)

• Advertisement

This is all I get on Vodafone version.

Screenshot_2013-10-06-17-43-17_zpscd75f57c.png

Is that the note 3? that was my htc one, ref the 4G ,the note 3 has the 4g/lte option missing alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

vibe666 wrote: »

got myself a cheap silicone case and screen protectors until i can decide on something better and more permanent.

also getting a mag mount for the air vent to put it into the car and already got a charger that will do the job there.

Looking to get a decent car mount myself.. Case wise, I had smart cover on my S4 and quite liked it, might get one for the note..

unklerosco wrote: »
    Looking to get a decent car mount myself.. Case wise, I had smart cover on my S4 and quite liked it, might get one for the note..

I ordered a gel case and screen protector from amazon,looking at a car mount there two will probably get it.

I ordered a gel case and screen protector from amazon,looking at a car mount there two will probably get it.

Which mount is it? Was hoping samsung would launch their own one.. had one for my S3 which was great, charging was built in etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 brianki

So guys aside from the issue of the region lock, are we seeing the Irish mobile provider versions turn up sim locked and full of operator bloatware?

brianki wrote: »
    So guys aside from the issue of the region lock, are we seeing the Irish mobile provider versions turn up sim locked and full of operator bloatware?
    . Sim locked but no bloatware on mine off meteor.

I ordered this last night:
    http://www.spigen.com/galaxy-note-3-case-neo-hybrid.html

Got screen protectors too. For the moment it just about fits into the old Note 2 gel case and I stuck a screen protector from that on it in the meantime too.

I ordered this last night:
    http://www.spigen.com/galaxy-note-3-case-neo-hybrid.html

Got screen protectors too. For the moment it just about fits into the old Note 2 gel case and I stuck a screen protector from that on it in the meantime too.

They look nice was thinking of getting one while I was buying the gel case. Nice to have a selection of things to change the look.

They look nice was thinking of getting one while I was buying the gel case. Nice to have a selection of things to change the look.

Yeah, git the blue/grey one but I do seem to remember them selling bits separately in the past. Just need something to make it bounceable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Avoid the Spigen cases ive one on my S4, the lacquer peels right off then the colour then the hard shell snapped in half and this was all from inside my pocket, phone was never dropped :eek:

And before anyone asks was it a fake , it was bought direct from Spigen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I have three UAG covers arriving soon(week or two) for review. I'm checking to see if Otterbox will be releasing covers for the Note 3 and will report back on them as well.

I have had UAG covers since the Note 2 as they look, feel very nice and offer great protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Anyone know if the Note 3 is reverse-compatible with older Samsung chargers? The guy in the Meteor shop couldn't tell me whether or not the car charger I have for the Galaxy S2 will work in the newer Note or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Top Dog wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Note 3 is reverse-compatible with older Samsung chargers? The guy in the Meteor shop couldn't tell me whether or not the car charger I have for the Galaxy S2 will work in the newer Note or not.

I don't know about the note 3 but note 2 took a 2 amp charger. It will work with both devices but will take ages to charge.

Anyone know when this phone will be available Sim free in shops?

• Advertisement

if you're buying it sim free, you really should try and get it online because you'll pay through the nose in any shop for it sim free.

it was mentioned a few pages ago that panamoz seem to be the cheapest for it at the moment.

http://panamoz.com/index.php/mobile-phones/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note-3-lte-n9005-16gb-full-hd-amoled-sim-free-unlocked.html

they also accept most forms of electronic payment too, inc. paypal and (afaik) bank transfers.

if you're buying it sim free, you really should try and get it online because you'll pay through the nose in any shop for it sim free.

it was mentioned a few pages ago that panamoz seem to be the cheapest for it at the moment.

http://panamoz.com/index.php/mobile-phones/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note-3-lte-n9005-16gb-full-hd-amoled-sim-free-unlocked.html

they also accept most forms of electronic payment too, inc. paypal and (afaik) bank transfers.

Are panamoz trustworthy? Iv never bought from them.

jonj305 wrote: »
    Are panamoz trustworthy? Iv never bought from them.
    me neither, but someone else had in the thread for a note 3 if you read back a few pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi Muppet,

I like the look of that case but would prefer something which just protects around the frame and doesn't have a separate back plate as I think the N3 back cover shouldn't be hidden away.

The blurb on the website says the case comes in two parts, does that mean the back plate can be left off?

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi Muppet,

I like the look of that case but would prefer something which just protects around the frame and doesn't have a separate back plate as I think the N3 back cover shouldn't be hidden away.

The blurb on the website says the case comes in two parts, does that mean the back plate can be left off?

Ben

I was hoping it might be possible to use it as some form of bumper too. The delivery date I have been given is in about two weeks time unfortunately so I won't be able to confirm until then I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

Meteor gave me my upgrade a month early.

So the choice is Note 3 or HTC One.

HTC One is "free" on contract at EUR49 a month whereas the Note 3 is EUR149 at the EUR49 a month. Money isn't the issue, I'm leaning toward the Note3 as it's a latest model that should be future proof for the next year at least whereas the HTC One is already 8 months old. But it does look and feel great to use and is still a great phone.

I just like the idea of the bigger screen with the excellent battery life.

Rob C wrote: »
    Meteor gave me my upgrade a month early.

So the choice is Note 3 or HTC One.

HTC One is "free" on contract at EUR49 a month whereas the Note 3 is EUR149 at the EUR49 a month. Money isn't the issue, I'm leaning toward the Note3 as it's a latest model that should be future proof for the next year at least whereas the HTC One is already 8 months old. But it does look and feel great to use and is still a great phone.

I just like the idea of the bigger screen with the excellent battery life.

Whichever one you pick you won't be disappointed. The screen on the One is better and there isn't all that big a gap in performance and battery life with either I've noticed. You're correct about the Note being more future proof though.

which network is everyone going with for their Note 3 and which would be better for 4G at the moment?

I've been trying to get hold of Vodafone business sales since Friday, but they are impossible to get hold of, so I'm going to look elsewhere.

currently with meteor (two numbers), but looking to switch. I've heard that Three have terrible (even by the usual irish standards) customer service and have not yet launched 4G themselves, and I've already been with o2 and burnt, so I have a feeling I'm running out of providers to choose. :(

I'm half thinking I might just stay with meteor at this stage even though they're not great. At least I know i can get a signal in the house.

Whichever one you pick you won't be disappointed. The screen on the One is better and there isn't all that big a gap in performance and battery life with either I've noticed. You're correct about the Note being more future proof though.

I'm coming from a Nexus 4 which has been great. Battery life has been poor enough though.

I see the HTC One Max is coming out though! Should be towards the end of October it's announced but photos etc have been leaked. Will have fingerprint ID as well. Will be 5.9in screen.

• Advertisement

Can anyone actually confirm that the Meteor/Emobile Note 3's are 32GB? I assume it's just an error on that part as I can't see any reference anywhere to a Note 3 being a 16GB.

Also, they should be N9005's I take it.

Hi all,

I'm thinking of upgrading from the N2 to the N3 with Vodafone and moving my plan from MyWay Complete Plus to Red Super but before I do I'd appreciate confirmation from you guys (the VF staff really haven't a clue) that the N3 model VF have in stock is the 32GB model and it is 4G ready?

Ben

Hi all,

I'm thinking of upgrading from the N2 to the N3 with Vodafone and moving my plan from MyWay Complete Plus to Red Super but before I do I'd appreciate confirmation from you guys (the VF staff really haven't a clue) that the N3 model VF have in stock is the 32GB model and it is 4G ready?

Ben

It's the 32gb model they sold me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Can anyone actually confirm that the Meteor/Emobile Note 3's are 32GB? I assume it's just an error on that part as I can't see any reference anywhere to a Note 3 being a 16GB.

Also, they should be N9005's I take it.

Yes it is a 32GB model from eMobile

Have added a 64GB sd card to phone to make it 96GB who needs that much space on a phone LoL

But like every day i am finding new things i can do with the phone. The Samsung Fitness add is great and i have been using that a lot but the only problem is that i cant go running with the note 3 as i have no arm band for it witch i ordered off eBay there at the weekend and i hope its going to do the job if not i will have to wait to get something worth while like the samsung watch for fitness LoL

This is worrying...Meteor confirmed that their Note 3's are 16GB....There is no reference in the Samsung literature for Ireland of a 16GB version. The only reference I can find is a 16GB version released for Taiwan and Hong Kong. This doesn't fill me with confidence....why so cheap Meteor? And then the questions have to asked which chip is inside? Is it the proper LTE version, the 2.3GHZ Snapdragon 800 or is it the GSM version, the Exynos 5 Octa? Reports of the 4G not working for meteor phones on these notes is a bit worrying?

The sly gits!!!! They just changed the specs to 32GB on the Meteor and Emobile websites!!

• Advertisement

This is worrying...Meteor confirmed that their Note 3's are 16GB....There is no reference in the Samsung literature for Ireland of a 16GB version. The only reference I can find is a 16GB version released for Taiwan and Hong Kong. This doesn't fill me with confidence....why so cheap Meteor? And then the questions have to asked which chip is inside? Is it the proper LTE version, the 2.3GHZ Snapdragon 800 or is it the GSM version, the Exynos 5 Octa? Reports of the 4G not working for meteor phones on these notes is a bit worrying?

Box should say size and if it's am N-9005 or N-9000. N-9005 is the one you want 4g and better specs. My phone had a small sticker on it saying 4g on it when I opened it up.

FYI everyone, from Meteor:
    Hi All,

The Galaxy Note 3 that Meteor are stocking is 4G ready but an update is required to allow a connection to 4G. This will be made available in the next few weeks.

We will post here once this update is available.

I'd imagine that's the same line Vodafone would give on theirs as the option for 4g isn't in the menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

ok so whats the best deal? Im out of contract with three at the moment - they offered me the n3 for 55 per month ( all you can eat ) + 80 euro for the phone.

so a total outlay of 1400 over 2 years.

anyone got any better deals?

• Advertisement

charlesh wrote: »
    so a total outlay of 1400 over 2 years.
    did an online chat with meteor rep and they offered the phone for €99 with their €59pm 24 month contract (all you can eat calls & texts with 6gb of data), BUT with a 20% discount for the full 24 months, so:

(€47.20 x 24)+99 = €1231.80

There's also a special on with unlimited data on all 4G phone plans until March 2014.

EDIT: just spoke to vodafone and (even after i waved the meteor offer under their noses) they won't go below €99 for the phone and €55pm month, but that includes 100 international minutes and texts which might be worth something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Hi Muppet,

Ben

I had that spigen one on my S4 for few months and found the back on it got a tiny bit saggy. Other than that it was a really nice case. Went back to the Case Mate bearly there eventually.

Got my Note 3 this morning and agree that back is too nice to hide.. but think most cases will probably cover it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Got my Note 3 this morning on Vodafone business. Ordered Thurs evening via the site and arrived with An Post business delivery at 9AM today. Just as I pulled up to the office he was driving off and when I spotted the "missed ye" note in the door I chased after him:D

Anyway, really nice phone. It is like a supersized S4 though..not that I am complaining. It really made my S4 feel small as I compared them.

Its got a small "Qualcomm 4G" sticker on top of it and was no region lock sticker on the box. Small bit of Vodafone bloatware.

So far really liking it so hope it stay's this nippy! I do remember my S4 being just as fast on day one but slowly getting a little more sluggish overtime - they need a reset every few months I reckon.

It does feel far more grippy in the hand than the S4, and that's with no case on it yet. Charger and ear buds are same as S4, just the USB 3 charging cable is different but you can use a standard micro USB cable too.

Some of the apps seem good, really like the "My Magazine" app. Going to have a better look at Knox too as it seems good that I can run select apps, such as e-mail, in a secure space. Wish I twigged this before configuring my 5 x Exchange e-mail profiles!

Finally - screen is class! Would have been nice to fit another layer of icons though. I don't root or out any custom loaders on so keep it simples.

Anyway's - any questions I am happy to answer.

Would have been nice to fit another layer of icons though. I don't root or out any custom loaders on so keep it simples.

Try Apex Launcher if you want to easily customise the number of rows and columns of icons on the homescreen. See https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anddoes.launcher and no need for root or anything ;)

Ben

Samsung said the update to activate 4g will be out be end of october.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Omg I'm so frustrated why have Meteor not released the phone on payg I'm a bill customer but not due an upgrade until March next year so I'm willing to pay for the phone why won't they just take my money already errrr

Try Apex Launcher if you want to easily customise the number of rows and columns of icons on the homescreen. See https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anddoes.launcher and no need for root or anything ;)

Ben

2nd this.. Apex launcher is class, been using it since my S3. Wife loves it too. Nice n simple with loads of customization options. Add a Miui themes and you've a clean, simple and fast interface..

Craigels wrote: »
    Omg I'm so frustrated why have Meteor not released the phone on payg I'm a bill customer but not due an upgrade until March next year so I'm willing to pay for the phone why won't they just take my money already errrr

How much are you willing to pay them?
    I'm sure that if you pay for these 5 months left on contract up front they would do something.

Craigels wrote: »

How much are you willing to pay them?
    I'm sure that if you pay for these 5 months left on contract up front they would do something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Never thought of that

• Advertisement
Advertisement