Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wisteria going yellow

• 29-08-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I would love if someone had some advice.

I planted a mature wisteria three weeks ago. I planted it properly and had it tied to a pergola. A few days later, a dog ripped at the ground and pulled some of the roots. U fixed the plant back. The last few days I notice the leaves are yellowing and plant does not look healthy.

Is there anything I can do. I will be heartbroken if it dies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

I wonder if the dogs are marking their territory rather than root damage? That said, it is coming to autumn and Wisterias colour up early on, it could also be lack of moisture at the base of the hole, maybe give it a good water and see if it picks up. Is it yellowing at the base, or all over? If it's thirsty, the very tips of the growth will be floppy or crispy. Got any pics?

If it does lose it's leaves, it might just be a bit of shock settiling in to it's new hole/home - make sure it well watered and the beauty of deciduous plants, ones that lose the leaves over winter, is that they'll resprout new leaves next spring.

I'd bet it's giving itself an early autumn and will be fine in spring.

Advertisement