Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolf Harris charged with multiple nonce crimes..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Sleepy wrote: »
    I think there's a lot more of this to come. More than a few of the Led Zeppelin groupies would have been early to mid-teens and I'm pretty certain that could be said of most bands of the time.

Yeah, and some of those Led Zep groupies didn't even look jailbaity, they actually looked their age eg. 13 or 14. Mank. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I glanced at the article and saw "executed at his Berkshire home in southeast England" - too much to hope for. (And btw, a Berkshire home is unlikely to be in north Scotland)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Jake1 wrote: »
    ****** was involved with a young girl too, daughter of a friend, I think

:eek:

I doubt it. And I can see your allegation getting removed. In fact only a few months ago he was in the media saying he was determined to quash a previous conviction he has (of a non personal victim related nature). It would be strange carry on to be bringing up his efforts to quash a prior minor charge if he thought he was about to imminently be arrested for daisybirding.

If you Google the right search terms you can view lists, includes one formerly very famous butter wouldn't melt celebrity who was a regular at a very notorious guest house in London and has taken an injunction to prevent the media broadcasting it.

Jim Royle aka Ricky Tomlinson was involved with a young girl too, daughter of a friend, I think

Erm, you'd want to be careful there...

:eek:

I doubt it. And I can see your allegation getting removed.

If you Google the right search terms you can view lists, includes one formerly very famous butter wouldn't melt celebrity who was a regular at a very notorious guest house in London and has taken an injunction to prevent the media broadcasting it.

Wrong, he spoke of the affair in his autobiography. Its well known actually.

Tomlinson's personal life has proven only marginally less controversial than his politics. His first marriage was to Marlene, a factory cleaner with whom he has three children. In 1986, after 24 years together, he left her for Diane Fox, the 16-year-old daughter of his partner in a local nightclub venture.

from the telegraph.

• Advertisement

Wrong, he spoke of the affair in his autobiography. Its well known actually.

Tomlinson's personal life has proven only marginally less controversial than his politics. His first marriage was to Marlene, a factory cleaner with whom he has three children. In 1986, after 24 years together, he left her for Diane Fox, the 16-year-old daughter of his partner in a local nightclub venture.

from the telegraph.

I wouldn't do it myself, but 16 is not illegal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If Johnny Ball or John Noakes are implicated I'll need a very long lie down. They're two blokes I reckon are kosher.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Erm, you'd want to be careful there...

why? he himself claimed this.

In 1986, at the age of 48, after 24 years together, he left her for 16-year-old Diane Fox, the step-daughter of his partner in a local night club venture.

"No, I don't think it was madness at all. It was just another page in the book of my life. It was nothing special or whatever. It was just one of them things that happen," he says

from the Evening Standard, scroll down a bit

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/rickys-rise-to-roylety-6353265.html

I wouldn't do it myself, but 16 is not illegal.

where did I say it was? can you point that out to me, I said he had a relationship with a young girl. Which happened when he was considerably older, not illegal though I agree.

I can tell you if some middleaged overweight man tried that **** with my 16 year old...never mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Wibbs wrote: »
    If Johnny Ball or John Noakes are implicated I'll need a very long lie down. They're two blokes I reckon are kosher.

Roy Castle.. That trumpet playing was a crime, wasn't it?

• Advertisement

where did I say it was? can you point that out to me, I said he had a relationship with a young girl. Which happened when he was considerably older, not illegal though I agree.

Sorry. And I agree, it would make any allegation carry more weight in the court of public opinion if it were to be made by someone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yeah, and some of those Led Zep groupies didn't even look jailbaity, they actually looked their age eg. 13 or 14. Mank. :(
    +1000. That is bloody disgusting. :mad: No way in hell would you mistake the girl in that picture for being of legal age. She looks like a child who got into her mums makeup. Where da fuq were her parents? Jesus.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

why? he himself claimed this.

In 1986, at the age of 48, after 24 years together, he left her for 16-year-old Diane Fox, the step-daughter of his partner in a local night club venture.

"No, I don't think it was madness at all. It was just another page in the book of my life. It was nothing special or whatever. It was just one of them things that happen," he says

from the Evening Standard, scroll down a bit

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/rickys-rise-to-roylety-6353265.html

16 is legal. So lumping him in with others is unfair, even if it's not exactly great.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The net is closing in on George,Zippy and Bungle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Is rolf an abbreviation or acronym?

Like milf.

On a serious note, where are all of these accusations of sexual abuse goingto end?

Once they've all been caught I'd assume...

16 is legal. So lumping him in with others is unfair, even if it's not exactly great.

jesus, all I said was he had an affair with a young girl, he was considerably older than her, April.
    I never said he was a nonce, just pointed out, that he was involved, as much as a grown man can be in a relationship with a girl years younger than him,

Hows this then, Ricky Tomlinson, great Lad :)

That better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

BBC must be wondering if there will be any old shows left that they can repeat that doesn't involve some old perv or other?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Freddie Starr shows up to disprove allegations of noncery by bringing along a woman young enough to be his granddaughter and looking like an alcoholic Snedger...lol.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pighead is actually a time traveller.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    +1000. That is bloody disgusting. :mad: No way in hell would you mistake the girl in that picture for being of legal age. She looks like a child who got into her mums makeup. Where da fuq were her parents? Jesus.

Well, I think that Lori Maddox one's mother was also a groupie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

mike65 wrote: »
    Is there anyone left from the "70s" that isn't a perv?

I was born in 1979 and am not a perv.

LOL :pac: 2009 and nearly word perfect. I would have said the same for Savile if I knew he existed but I had largely forgotten.

I have to say I was never really a fan.

Maybe because I was always ****e at art. And I'm fairly sure Animal Hospital clashed with Emmerdale and so wasn't seen in our house.

Pighead is actually a time traveller.

who the hell was this Pighead :)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'm sure Morph's hands are clean

Tony Hart had been fiddling with him on set for years apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

jesus, all I said was he had an affair with a young girl, he was considerably older than her, April.
    I never said he was a nonce, just pointed out, that he was involved, as much as a grown man can be in a relationship with a girl years younger than him,

Hows this then, Ricky Tomlinson, great Lad :)

That better :)

You said young girl,no age specified, in a thread about a peado. Deliberate or not, theres an implication there.

You said young girl,no age specified, in a thread about a peado. Deliberate or not, theres an implication there.

Ok, well sorry if that came across that way. I repent. I shall change it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

who the hell was this Pighead :)))

A poster of some legendary status

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

hold on were the indecent images, him painting kids?

That would be weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Did you think I would leave you crying
    When there's room on my horse for two
    Climb up here, Jack and don't be crying
    I can go just as fast with two

Advertisement