Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolf Harris charged with multiple nonce crimes..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

chopper6 wrote: »

Freddie Starr shows up to disprove allegations of noncery by bringing along a woman young enough to be his granddaughter and looking like an alcoholic Snedger...lol.

"a person who gains pleasurble satisfaction from the sniffing of young girls bicycle. Originates from Cork, Ireland"

Love it :pac:

You said young girl,no age specified, in a thread about a peado. Deliberate or not, theres an implication there.

reason I didnt specify, was when I posted that I couldnt actually remember her age. Had to google, as it's been a good few years since I read the book.

Which is called 'Ricky'

lukesmom wrote: »
    Did you think I would leave you crying
    When there's room on my horse for two
    Climb up here, Jack and don't be crying
    I can go just as fast with two

i thought it was young girls he was charged with interfering with, are you suggesting it was boys too
    the link on this thread, just mentioned girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

While I would judge Rolf Harris's actions to be potentially very wrong, I think we need to have a debate over what constitutes child abuse.

Bearing in mind that one of the girls in this case was 16 at the time of one of the alleged offence, the other girls were 14 and 15.

I think we need to look carefully at where the cut of point for child abuse/ paedophilia arises. Surely the substantive meaning ought to depend on the younger person's stage of maturity. Not some arbitrary lines drawn in law.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Jake1 wrote: »
    i thought it was young girls he was charged with interfering with, are you suggesting it was boys too
    the link on this thread, just mentioned girls

No I'm certainly not suggesting it was boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

While I would judge Rolf Harris's actions to be potentially very wrong, I think we need to have a debate over what constitutes child abuse.

Bearing in mind that one of the girls in this case was 16 at the time of one of the alleged offence, the other girls were 14 and 15.

I think we need to look carefully at where the cut of point for child abuse/ paedophilia arises. Surely the substantive meaning ought to depend on the younger person's stage of maturity. Not some arbitrary lines drawn in law.

I think we need to see some of the evidence as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That's just in poor taste really

Do you think?

I thought it was good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Ya, wrong as it is, this sounds closer to 'hebephilia' rather than pedophilia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

16, 17, yeah at those ages, you'll be at or very near sexual maturity. 14, 15, it would be much rarer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Just the tip of the iceberg. More arrests are to come, and I'm not joking when I say the entertainment industry is loaded with pedophiles, top to bottom. I remember when people were saying that Satanic ritual abuse doesn't exist, and sure enough stories come out of Jimmy Saville taking part in such events. I've read some sh** and seen enough to know that this is a very morbid reality, and its unfortunate that so many of these people are too well connected and protected to ever be exposed publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

chopper6 wrote: »
    Do you think?

I thought it was good fun.

It's one thing discussing this stuff, but the people on that page seem to be taking actual pleasure and enjoyment from the fact that celebrities have been uncovered as child abusers. Not to mention the libellous stuff on the page. I just don't think it's something that should be made light of, but each to their own I guess.

A lot of nonces seem to have been outed from the BBC of late which sort of implies it is/was endemic in the television industry.

I wonder is our very own RTE harbouring a similar closet full of skeletons...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

So thats why he's no longer narrator on Olive the Ostrich.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just the tip of the iceberg. More arrests are to come, and I'm not joking when I say the entertainment industry is loaded with pedophiles, top to bottom. I remember when people were saying that Satanic ritual abuse doesn't exist, and sure enough stories come out of Jimmy Saville taking part in such events. I've read some sh** and seen enough to know that this is a very morbid reality, and its unfortunate that so many of these people are too well connected and protected to ever be exposed publicly.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

All looks different now huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

A lot of nonces seem to have been outed from the BBC of late which sort of implies it is/was endemic in the television industry.

I'm sorry, but in the current climate people should be really, really careful saying these sort of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

nelly17 wrote: »
    One that amazes me is that nobody seemed to give much of a s*** that Elvis started seeing his wife Priscilla when she was 14.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Boscos sitting at home right now. Sweating.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Billy86 wrote: »
    One that amazes me is that nobody seemed to give much of a s*** that Elvis started seeing his wife Priscilla when she was 14.

Mississippi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Elvis only "started seeing", Jerry Lee Lewis married his cousin who was 13. That's how you do it south of the Mason-Dixon line

Wibbs wrote: »
    If Johnny Ball or John Noakes are implicated I'll need a very long lie down. They're two blokes I reckon are kosher.

I thought Rolf was kosher though.

He looks like a cuddly grandad and I loved him on Animal Hospital growing up. He was so caring and gentle on that show, this kind of allegation is so incongruous. Although we should remember he's convicted of nothing at the moment.

I wonder if the indecent images are photos or related to his work as an artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Billy86 wrote: »
    Or that Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13-year old cousin.

Or that Bill Wyman was seeing Mandy Smith when she was 13.

There's also Jimmy Page and 14 year old Lori Maddox and the Irish "individual" he used to procure her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Candie wrote: »

Refers to having downloaded them.

Four of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Boscos sitting at home right now. Sweating.

That's because he has a hand up his hoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Candie wrote: »

I think the terminology "making indecent images" is legal jargon (in the UK, at least) for downloading and storing abuse/indecent images as distinct from the act of photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Hoop66

An Australian artist named Harris,
    Was friendly with folks at the Palace.
    But Like Jimmy S
    He liked kiddies best
    And now the queen is embarrassed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

can you imagine if something similar happened with ex rte tv personalities

Advertisement