Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self moving LED advertising in ireland legal or not?

Options
  • 29-08-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys just to trying to find out if an led screen on the side of my van displaying adverts is legal in Ireland? please help !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getsome

Illegal for the same reason that neon lights on the bottom of cars are, anything that is a distraction to motorist endanger there lives so it is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 arturcreo

hi, thx for your reply, are u sure about it? what about a little Cars driving around city having trailors with big posters lightning up on them ? Are they legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 arturcreo

arturcreo wrote: »
    hi, thx for your reply, are u sure about it? what about a little Cars driving around city having trailors with big posters lightning up on them ? Are they legal?

ps, ive seen them recently around st stephens green....

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getsome

Not 100% sure, I just know normal cars, cant have neons or even strong yellow spot lights are illegal some cars come standard with them and yet I hear people getting pulled over with them. It could be different if it's business related.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

What about the taxi drivers that have the scrolling led messages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

blahblah06 wrote: »
    What about the taxi drivers that have the scrolling led messages

Technically illegal but not enforced.

As regards the LED signs, if its stationary your probably ok. But while in motion, I'd imagine you'd be in a world of hassle. Light emitted from the front and rear of a vehicle are stipulated by law.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement