Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eden Pet Food

• 29-08-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if people have anything to say about this? Have seen quite a few reviews online to say it's smashing and that a lot of people recommend it second only to raw feeding :eek:

Shadow is a collie cross, just about to turn 9 and is roughly 40lbs. He's currently on JWB at 220g per day, but Eden's site suggests that only 190g per day of their food is sufficient! Considering the bags are almost the same price (with the exception of the €5 delivery charge), that would make a significant difference in the cost of the food, considering we would get about a week and a half more out of the Eden stuff. He has relatively bad dander which has not improved on his current food, and we're having problems with poo :o

Would this be worth looking into? The cost of the postage could be offset quite easily by ordering a 15kg and 2kg bag together, but I want to make sure he'll like it first. So, opinions first, and then a small bag to start :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I'm upgrading Josie's diet and had considered a few different brands. Thanks for pointing this one out as I'm going to buy a 15kg bag of Eden and will let you know how she gets on! She's a 28kg greyhound, four years old. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

boomerang wrote: »
    I'm upgrading Josie's diet and had considered a few different brands. Thanks for pointing this one out as I'm going to buy a 15kg bag of Eden and will let you know how she gets on! She's a 28kg greyhound, four years old. :)

We're hoping to order tomorrow, he has enough food to last him over the weekend and there should be enough left over to wean him into the new food. Seems like the best value considering you need less than any other brand I've come across!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

A couple of dogs that I've looked after here have been on it. Lovely dogs, decent solid poos too. I like the fact there's nothing bad in it. If my pair weren't on raw I would definitely consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Feed this food along side a small bit of raw it's great he loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I tried it as an alternative to raw when I'm travelling. Personally I find it to rich for my dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

I tried it as an alternative to raw when I'm travelling. Personally I find it to rich for my dogs.

When you say you found it too rich was it the dog that wouldn't eat it? Or did he get sick from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I've been feeding my 2 this food for the last 6 months
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/markus_muehle/128238

just if you're looking into an alternative to Eden, it's a bit cheaper but still good quality and my 2 love it, they were Whites and then Burns and whilst they ate them both, sometimes the younger one would just sort of look at it and sigh and walk away (the older one will hoover up anything you put in front of him), with this one she literally hops up and down every feeding time she loves it, it's pellets rather than nuts don't know if that makes any difference to you but they have good poops and shiny coats (I also add raw egg or live yoghurt a couple of times a week).

I have to admit it was the price that first tempted me as Burns was just too expensive for 2 dogs plus this one is doing a deal on 2 x 15kg bags where you can save a tenner plus get free delivery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

We had our Beagle on Orijen for a while and then switched to Eden as it was similar quality, but cheaper. He was on Eden for about 3 months. He was doing fine on it originally, but then started getting sloppy poos. I changed him to raw and he's doing fine now. For some reason Eden didn't suit him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

smyths wrote: »
    When you say you found it too rich was it the dog that wouldn't eat it? Or did he get sick from it?

I found what came out of them was extremely unpleasant, very dark coloured and sloppy and it gave my youngest girl awful wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

boomerang wrote: »

According to the bit I read its 41% protein. Is that not too high for a grey. I have always been told you need low protein i.e. around 20% for retired greys. Or am I missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Keeter

Ive too have been using Eden since March having met the guys at the IKC Expo and I have nothing but praise for it having switched from a mix of Raw and Orijen/Acana and I have experienced fantastic results even compared to the raw/Orijen mix. Ive just come back from a UK agility show in October having had my Belgian Malinois dog assessed by a canine physiotherapist and she was astounded at his condition and muscle tone as she had only ever seen before in high protein or raw fed diet before so much so that her practice is now in the process of stocking it I believe. I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone as its every bit as good as a raw fed diet from my experience and that comes straight from the experts also. Absolute two thumbs up. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Keeter wrote: »
    Ive too have been using Eden since March having met the guys at the IKC Expo and I have nothing but praise for it having switched from a mix of Raw and Orijen/Acana and I have experienced fantastic results even compared to the raw/Orijen mix. Ive just come back from a UK agility show in October having had my Belgian Malinois dog assessed by a canine physiotherapist and she was astounded at his condition and muscle tone as she had only ever seen before in high protein or raw fed diet before so much so that her practice is now in the process of stocking it I believe. I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone as its every bit as good as a raw fed diet from my experience and that comes straight from the experts also. Absolute two thumbs up. :D

Hmmm.... first post ever on Boards..... promoting a product on a thread that was two months old :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hmmm.... first post ever on Boards..... promoting a product on a thread that was two months old :rolleyes:

Please report posts if you think there's a problem with them, rather than taking matters into your own hands.
    Right now, I see no valid reason to think the poster isn't genuine, and until and unless I do, I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt at this moment in time.
    Do not reply to this post on thread,
    Thanks,
    DBB

Advertisement