Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I doing the right thing

Options
  • 29-08-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone
    I am a 37 year old carpenter with a wife and two kids,4 & 4months, I can get a nominee visa for canada and have some friends over there who paint a pretty good picture of life, living conditions and costs in comparison to here. I have very little work at the mo and am told i shall walk into a job over there. Has anyone any experience that would be of benefit to my decission making process. It seems too good to be true?

Thanks
    Des C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chippie1774

hi Des, im a carpenter as well, 39 years old, no family or ties... but finding it hard to find a way out... was self employed, have huge experience, but need a sponser to get out there... have you any ideas...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Trevor edmonton?

Hi Lads
    I am trying to get over to Edmonton on Lmo(Cabinet Maker). i have just looked at cic web site and you can see what companys are looking to get LMO cause they now have to advertise on this site to get permission.

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/rep...2&action=final

I'm waiting for mine to come through and I must apply again with my family when lmo is in place. I'm 45 so ur age's are good. I think all above on link is correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chippie1774

thanks trevor... very much.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I'm living in Vancouver nearly 3 months. I'm 26 and single and to be honest if I had to settle somewhere other than Ireland it would be in the UK. It's a nice place but very expensive and waaay too far from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    I'm living in Vancouver nearly 3 months. I'm 26 and single and to be honest if I had to settle somewhere other than Ireland it would be in the UK. It's a nice place but very expensive and waaay too far from home.

Its not too far from home man, try australia. You can talk to people in Ireland quiet easily you can watch the footy pretty easily. You have the opportunity to live in a new place man grasp it! GRASP it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pilgrim pat

Hi folks i hope to get my visa soon i had given up on getting a sponcer ,then a job came up and i got it thank god no work at home life is to short move on Ireland will always be there . since i got the job i had other people contact me offering me jobs so i am passing on the info pm me with your email ,the jobs are in Lloydminster ,I joined calgary and edmonton on face book you will get jobs going there + all sorts of info

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

pat,what is the name of facebook page please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DesC1976

Hi All,
    thank you for responding to my question, from what research i have done applying for jobs on the likes of Saskjobs.ca etc can be a bit down-heartening but never the less keep at it as it can turn out results, but if you know someone one the ground you should have a better chance of getting a job quicker, its much the same as here, ie who you know. the bit about it been far away is not true, you can be home in a day if it happens so, it takes 2 days min to get out of oz, and thats just Sydney. go for it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pilgrim pat

Hi folks is there anyone on here looking for carpertery work this agency has jobs in loydminster,contact <snip>
    Mod Note:
    No email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tobystaff

Hi there just wondering what sort of money would a cabinet maker/ carpenter expect to make in canada? Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement