Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to keep a boat .

• 29-08-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

hi all ..
    i have a shetland 570 that i have moored up in kesh in co fermanagh . i have a pain in my ass driving for nearly 3 hours to get to it then spend a couple of days on it and drive 3 hours back to dublin . i have no where to put it as i live in dublin city center . i would like to know is there anywhere i could put it over the winter months and where would be the best place for it down in the south in the boating season that i would,nt have the drive for 3 hours to use it . also i want to keep it in fresh water . cheers and thanks for any advice ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

In the past we've kept our boat at a yard in Kill o'the Grange, it was a lot cheaper than the winter storage at the yacht club in Dun Laoghaire. They have a huge space, loads of people use it for keelboats as well as some motorboats. I can get you contact details for the woman who owns it if you want.

As for freshwater moorings for the boating season, haven't a clue I'm afraid!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Try lakeside marina http://www.lakesidemarina.ie/ it's only 1 hour 20 min from Dublin. For the winter put an add in the local paper and see if someone has a garage or shed to rent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭airsoftone

that would be great cheers and thanks . what is the price for storage can you tell me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

there is a yard at kilshane cross Dublin 11 that stores boats pm me for number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Haven't a clue about price - it's a few years since we used it and I wasn't the one who organised it! I suspect it's probably done by length.

I'll get the number this evening and PM it to you.

• Advertisement

great thanks ..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

airsoftone wrote: »
    that would be great cheers and thanks . what is the price for storage can you tell me ?

You would be looking at about €1200 a year for the marina there are also a few other smaller ones around that might be cheeper. For a garage space it could be anything from a few quid a week, ask any friends or family if they have any space or if they know of anyone that has, you never know.

thanks fergal . i can keep it in fermangh for little or nothing but its a pain going up there all the time . whats the story with the shannon . could i keep it down there somewhere . do you know

thanks fergal . i can keep it in fermangh for little or nothing but its a pain going up there all the time . whats the story with the shannon . could i keep it down there somewhere . do you know

Most places along the Shannon have a 5 day rule so unless you get some private land you will still have use a marina, the extra two hour drive round trip going to Fermangh probably cost you in fuel what a marina would :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

i think u can keep it on the canals for mooring heard it wasnt that expensive u would have to look into it though around sallins would be ideal

• Advertisement

cheers man .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

hi all ..
    i have a shetland 570 that i have moored up in kesh in co fermanagh . i have a pain in my ass driving for nearly 3 hours to get to it then spend a couple of days on it and drive 3 hours back to dublin . i have no where to put it as i live in dublin city center . i would like to know is there anywhere i could put it over the winter months and where would be the best place for it down in the south in the boating season that i would,nt have the drive for 3 hours to use it . also i want to keep it in fresh water . cheers and thanks for any advice ..
    http://www.donedeal.ie/boats-for-sale/winter-storage/5644554

Might be of interest for the winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pachanco

davlacey wrote: »
    i think u can keep it on the canals for mooring heard it wasnt that expensive u would have to look into it though around sallins would be ideal

http://www.waterwaysireland.org/Pages/Commercial%20Activity/How-to-Apply-for-a-Permit.aspx

Total for permit to use canal system including extended mooring in same allocated location for year €278.

A security deposit may be required also of €250.

http://www.waterwaysireland.org/Pages/Boating/Permits.aspx

€528 annual cost (€250 refundable)

Advertisement