Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Abbey Street/O'Connell Street junction getting worse?

Options
  • 29-08-2013 1:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭

My bus was delayed last night so I was there outside the Londis bus stop opposite Easons for about an hour yesterday evening.

In that time I witnessed

*A young woman at the bus stop being tripped up by a junkie as she walked away because she had no smokes to give him.

*A drug addict father hitting his young baby child in the face with a rolled up newspaper as the child wouldnt stop crying, and the mother backing him up

*2 random fist fights and a handbag snatch

I've been getting the bus here for about 6 weeks now and it just seems to be getting worse.

Cops don't give a toss, there's very little foot patrol nearby.

I grew up in a really rough area and would have been familiar with all of this and was never really phased by it, but recently even I'm scarred sh*tless, constantly checking behind me at the bus stop.

The street is madness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Been like that for years,I work nearby on Talbot Street and find it generally looks worse then it actually is.

If you were concerned about the guy hitting his kid or anything else you should've called 999 or Store Street (666 8000).Quicker ringing Store St actually because they know the area better.They've always been fairly fast to send someone out whenever I called.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks, but this has already been done to death in this thread & several others.

These threads just implode in the same ol' blather that we've already heard a dozen times. Sorry OP - Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement