Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wade & Butcher "Nothing Better".

• 29-08-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi.

Unfortunately blade was cracked and i had to remove some of that good, old steel.The blade now measures slightly over 9/16 (15 mm).For a first time i’ve tried to make satin finish on the blade and i think it turned out quite well, it’s something between satin and mirror polish.The scales are made out of CA finished spalted beech lined with aluminium sheet. Nickel silver pins and stainless washers.

335__1024x680_img0440.jpg

334__1024x680_img0439.jpg

336__1024x680_img0442.jpg

337__1024x680_img0446.jpg

Regards.
    Maciek.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Man, spalted wood scales are awesome.

Need to get myself a set made for one of my razors.

Good job on yet another restoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭macrob77

Thanks.
    It took some time to make that scales. There's few issues i didn't expect.

There's one seller from the north on ebay. He's selling lovely wood, mostly pen blanks but if you ask him, he'll cut the wood in a different size. He got spalted beech, bog oak and more.

Maciek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

What size is good for scales?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭macrob77

That depends of blade width but i'd say that 5cm X 15cm X 0.5cm should be fine for making scales for most razors.

Maciek.

Advertisement