Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA in 4th Year BA

Options
  • 29-08-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭

How does the double credit system work in 4th year does anyone know?

Starting on the 9th and my QCA is a bit rusty since 2nd year. Want to see if I can pull it up a good bit to improve my chance of getting a better degree.

Can't find much on the Student Handbook!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

How does the double credit system work in 4th year does anyone know?

Starting on the 9th and my QCA is a bit rusty since 2nd year. Want to see if I can pull it up a good bit to improve my chance of getting a better degree.

Can't find much on the Student Handbook!

As far as I know, and it makes no sense to me - no good at maths! , but each module has a credit, usually 3, and this is multiplied by the factor, which is usually 1 or 2 when double weighted.
    So basically you get double the credits, based on your grade.

UL website have some clearer info on it, google it , can't link from my phone!

What subjects are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'm doing Geography and Irish. I must check out the UL site!

Cheers! :)

I'm doing Geography and Irish. I must check out the UL site!

Cheers! :)

You'll love geography! !! I just finished it last year, so you must have been in my 2nd year!
    If I can help out with anything give me a shout, I did all 3 modules in 1st semester:eek:

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

angeldaisy wrote: »
    You'll love geography! !! I just finished it last year, so you must have been in my 2nd year!
    If I can help out with anything give me a shout, I did all 3 modules in 1st semester:eek:

Best of luck with it!

Good to know geography is enjoyable in 4th year! Might know you so! :)

Good to know geography is enjoyable in 4th year! Might know you so! :)

Possibly! !

Wonder if you'll escape the online courses they're doing at the minute? Think they're still doing lectures in UL as well, at least I know Angela still is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement