Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling To Sydney Alone for a holiday, what to do and where to go ???

Options
  • 29-08-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I am heading to Sydney for about 9 days , the end of October. This will be my first time going to Sydney, and first time travelling on my own. Any ideas please on where to go and what to see etc ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hi Everyone,

I am heading to Sydney for about 9 days , the end of October. This will be my first time going to Sydney, and first time travelling on my own. Any ideas please on where to go and what to see etc ??

Off the top of my head:

Take the ferry to Manly
    Sydney harbour bridge pylon
    Opera house and botanic gardens
    Sydney Tower viewing deck
    Taronga zoo (can get a ferry from Circular Quay)
    Walk around the Rock's area
    The Blue Mountains (can get a train to Katoomba from Central station)
    The Coogee to Bondi walk (bus it to coogee and then take bus back to city from Bondi).

That is just a few ideas hope it helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Russian Blue

Thanks for that list. Im also going in a few weeks for a year. Going to sydney first. That list should keep me busy for a while.

Is there anything to do for free or cheaply? Cheap and free until I get work.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Get the week long travel pass for trains, buses and ferries for 50 dollars.

Great value for getting around and seeing the city, I jumped onto a ferry one day in darling harbour thinking it would be a quick trip around to circular quay, got an hour and a half right trip up the parramatta river and got a real feel for the place.

Manly and zoo are defo worth doing, couple of really nice pubs in the rocks it's a world away from the busy city life yet 5 mins from George st.

I'm going back in two weeks, cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

some good info here on the bondi to coogee walk ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgmOpDDF1o0

Advertisement