Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for a fellow supinator?

• 29-08-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Any fellow supinators got a recommendation for a new pair of runners for DCM this year? Over the last few years I've used Pegasus, Brooks Ghost, NB 880's, etc. Am thinking of Mizuno Wave Riders or another pair of Brooks Ghost possibly. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Brooks Ghost or Glycerin are probably the best choices for most supinators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I've had a few pairs of Brooks ghost and liked them. I am currently running in the wave riders and they would be my shoe of choice atm.
    I tried the Glycerin for my long runs but found them clunky and they didn't seem to have the level of arch support I was after.
    Saucony Triumphs are another option but they have a lower heel drop which my Achilles don't like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Saucony Triumph ain't worked for me either.Are you a supinator on both feet and how badly?
    Flexibility in the forefoot is important,if a heel striker the wave plate can flex a little too much so Mizuno hit and miss.
    1080 work well for supinators.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

Saucony Triumph ain't worked for me either.Are you a supinator on both feet and how badly?
    Flexibility in the forefoot is important,if a heel striker the wave plate can flex a little too much so Mizuno hit and miss.
    1080 work well for supinators.

On both feet - left foot very pronounced. Still a heel striker, not as pronounced as I once was though. The 1080 is NB right?

Advertisement