Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Quality person?

Options
  • 29-08-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I installed a home bar with a cooler, reg and tapped guinness. The guinness is running really strangely and I cant figure out why its happening (I worked in bars for a couple of years). It settles in about 10 seconds or after a few hours runs flat. A few weeks ago had a few people over and after a couple of pints we were all on our ear so I think its something to do with the gas mix and maybe the reg is dodgy???

I was wondering if there is a guinness tech or someone who knows willing to do a nixer and take a look at it for me?

Im based in the D9 area, weekdays or weekends would suit

DM if your interested!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

What gas do you have it tapped with?

Are you running through a Guinness nitro tap?

Do you have all this kit?

http://www.beveragefactory.com/images/research_center/large_sgck-collage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭davidlynchis

Hey thanks for the reply.

I have tapped it with the suremix 25 mix as usual. Pressure is lagging a bit now at 150bar

I bought the kit second hand... Here is the photo of the set up. Its all guinness branded stuff so the tap should be fine. Got new lines in when I bought it because the second hand ones were wrank. Only thing I reckon it can be is the reg but can't be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭davidlynchis

Just wondering if any guiness quality person is interested in doing a nixer still? Single line clean

DM me if interested

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Line cleaning is easy.

Buy your line cleaner.
    Dilute as per instructions.
    Run a few pints through the line.
    Leave to soak for 30 mins.
    Run a few more pints through.
    Run clean water through.

Most brands will come in a bright colour like pink and will go brown/green when dirty, thus you'll know the line is clean when you can pull through pints that are the same colour going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

irish_goat wrote: »
    Line cleaning is easy.

Buy your line cleaner.
    Dilute as per instructions.
    Run a few pints through the line.
    Leave to soak for 30 mins.
    Run a few more pints through.
    Run clean water through.

Most brands will come in a bright colour like pink and will go brown/green when dirty, thus you'll know the line is clean when you can pull through pints that are the same colour going in.

Is there a bad smell??
    Hard to fault this. Should be a piece of cake.
    DM me if you've any trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

What temp is the cooler reading at

Advertisement