Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you find out when you last used your iPad remotely? (Find my iPad etc)

• 29-08-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately I was recently robbed, my iPad and Apple Macbook Air was taken. The trouble is I've been so busy over the last few days I'm unsure if they were taken on Wednesday or Tuesday which will help me narrow down a search on CCTV.

The only way I can do this is by finding out when exactly the iPad was last connected to the internet (it's a wifi only model so it would've disconnected as soon as it left the house).

Is there a way on Find my Ipad (or anything else like icloud) to see when it was last connected/used?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

it should tell you when it was last located, not sure if you have to try track it first though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Your router might be able to show the current DHCP leases and when they expire if you subtract the lease duration it will give you some idea to the last time it was online at home.

You'll need to know/guess the MAC address if you can find the DHCP leases on the router use this site http://www.wireshark.org/tools/oui-lookup.html to narrow down the manufacture of the device.

I just tried it with my iPad and it worked but if your lease duration is too short it may have expired already and won't be present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

great idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Your router might be able to show the current DHCP leases and when they expire if you subtract the lease duration it will give you some idea to the last time it was online at home.

You'll need to know/guess the MAC address if you can find the DHCP leases on the router use this site to narrow down the manufacture of the http://www.wireshark.org/tools/oui-lookup.html of the device assigned each device.

I just tried it with my iPad and it worked but if your lease duration is too short it may have expired already and won't be present

Hrmm, good idea, but I'm a n00b when it comes to networking, even home networks.

I have a linksys router, how do I access the DHCP lease info?

Do you know it's IP? If so just enter it in a web browser and see what you get! Look on the bottom of the device and might see the IP and default username/password.

If not and you don't know it open a command prompt and run ipconfig /all or ifconfig on a MAC I think! The default gateway if your routers IP.

• Advertisement

Yeh it's the standard gateway, 192.168.1.1, but once there I don't know how to find out the DHCP leases or expired ones?

Post a screenshot of the what you see or give me a model no and I'll see can I look it up

It's an EA2700

Here's the login portal

269598.jpg

Looks very limited. If you can get shell access to it it might show the leases. I'm away from my pic now maybe try asking in Networking and Comms and see if they can help

Cheers, will do!

• Advertisement

No problem how did you get on?

n0brain3r wrote: »
    No problem how did you get on?

No reply yet, still looking about online.

Took a look at the user guide there and I don't think it's going to be possible.

Try open a command prompt and telnet to the device just type
    telnet 192.168.1.1 and hit return its a shot in the dark but might return something

Great, I'll give that a bash when I get back home. cheers again!

Advertisement