Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving time from Lower Salthill to Ballybrit (racecourse)

Options
  • 29-08-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

I have exams in the racecourse next week, starting at 10am. I want to be there at 9.30am at the latest, but I don't want to be there too early either, i.e. before 9am.

Anyone know roughly what the driving time will be at that stage of the morning. I know schools will be back, making it worse, but would 30/40 mins be enough time to cover it?

Anyone do a similar drive in the mornings? I imagine plenty of people live in Westside and work in Ballybrit so that would be a fairly accurate guide.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Give yourself an hour on the first day, to be on the safe side.

The traffic will be bad with all the roadworks and the kids back to school.

It's much better to be a bit early and sit and read your notes in the car rather than been stuck in traffic freaking. It's not a good way to lead into an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Give yourself an hour on the first day, to be on the safe side.

The traffic will be bad with all the roadworks and the kids back to school.

It's much better to be a bit early and sit and read your notes in the car rather than been stuck in traffic freaking. It's not a good way to lead into an exam.

True I suppose...

Will get on the road by 8.30am Tuesday so and will know better for Wednesday. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Padkir wrote: »
    I have exams in the racecourse next week, starting at 10am. I want to be there at 9.30am at the latest, but I don't want to be there too early either, i.e. before 9am.

Anyone know roughly what the driving time will be at that stage of the morning. I know schools will be back, making it worse, but would 30/40 mins be enough time to cover it?

Anyone do a similar drive in the mornings? I imagine plenty of people live in Westside and work in Ballybrit so that would be a fairly accurate guide.

Thanks in advance!

30 to 35 mins. I have done this drive for the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It should take 30 minutes at most from Salthill. I've been doing the same journey just a bit further out Connemara way. I'd get from Furbo to Briarhill in about 30 minutes myself going through Lough Atalia but I'd leave around 9.10ish and would rarely get there before 9.30. Definitely give yourself a big window on Monday because if schools aren't back this week they'll be back in force Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

It's about 25-20 minutes on the bike. Do it for work. Cycling back in the evenings is the big winner. Many colleagues at work takes them 45/50 min by car and even longer by bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

It's about 25-20 minutes on the bike. Do it for work. Cycling back in the evenings is the big winner. Many colleagues at work takes them 45/50 min by car and even longer by bus.

Ok...

Fail to see how that has any relevance to the question...

Unless you want to carry my suitcase of books on your back?

Advertisement