Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coconut flour anyone ?

Options
  • 29-08-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Dose anyone know what shop i would find coconut flour i didnt see it in tesco or aldi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Organic supermarket.ie
    Holland and Barrett
    The health store
    Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Asian shops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Asian shops

+1. Saw bags of them in Eurasia Fonthill

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Asian shops tend to have the full fat flour, which is more like a very finely dessicated coconut for curry dishes. The health food shops tend to have the fat reduced flour which is intended to be a replacement for wheat flour.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Thanks everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I buy it in Holland and Barrett. It's very frequently out of stock though, so it'd be worth calling ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    I buy it in Holland and Barrett. It's very frequently out of stock though, so it'd be worth calling ahead

I bought some in holland and barretts today its very expensive there i wonder is it any cheaper anywere else

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

I buy mine from iHerb in the US. Their shipping rates are very good and they have other stuff (like resistant starch & oat fibre) that I use in some of my recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

I bought some in holland and barretts today its very expensive there i wonder is it any cheaper anywere else

Yeah it's mega bucks in Holland and Barrett, I tried my local halal shop they had a kindof finely grated coconut, not exactly flour.

If someone manages to find a cheap alternative, I'd be delighted.

Just seen from their webpage it's buy one get one half price, still expensive though

http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=4445&prodid=5236

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

They have their 1c sale pretty often. Buy one, get one for 1c. Worth keeping an eye out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah it's mega bucks in Holland and Barrett, I tried my local halal shop they had a kindof finely grated coconut, not exactly flour.

If someone manages to find a cheap alternative, I'd be delighted.
    Dessicated coconut is the cheap alternative, it can be stuck in a blender to get more of a flour.

But I am not sure what you are after, as I said earlier there is full fat & reduced fat, the reduced one being a wheat flour substitute

The linked H&B one is only 15.1% fat and 21.7% carbs.

Dessicated coconut
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253227765
    is 62% fat and 6.4% carbs. Very different makeup. My "east end" brand coconut flour would be similar to the dessicated values. Your halal shop would be the same too.

Advertisement