Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer to American Bank Account

Options
  • 29-08-2013 5:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'll shortly be setting up a bank account with an american bank and will need to transfer money from my Irish current account into it. 

Can you please inform me what paper work I will need to complete to do this? How long should it take?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dambarude,

Thanks for posting.

An international transfer can be requested through 365Online. We have online demo videos on how to add payees and how to transfer money available in our Help Centre on our main website. 

The following details for the American bank account would be needed to add it as a payee:

Payee name and address.
    National Sort Code (known as ABA code in USA).
    Account number.
    Beneficiary bank name or their BIC (Bank Identifier Code).
    Beneficiary bank's address.

Once the payee details have been set up and activated a transfer to the States would take 3-5 working days to reach the payee account.

Thanks
    Tara

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Thanks Tara,

What are the charges for such a transfer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Dambarude

The charge to transfer online to the USA is e12. There is also the transaction fee for each transaction which is automated, 20c. 

Please be mindful that there may be charges on the receiving end. You may need to check what the charge is to receive from the US Financial institution. 

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Delta2113

€12 -  I thought it was €5 for the U.S.A?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Delta2113,

Apologies but you're correct it is €5 as you can only transfer Dollars to the US using Banking 365. If you are transferring to another country outside the EU on Banking 365 in euro's, it is €12.

I hope this clears it up and apologies for the confusion.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Typical 

The customer knows more than the Bank rep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi mylesm,

As advised above apologies about any confusion caused.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Hi mylesm,

As advised above apologies about any confusion caused.

Thanks
    Linda
    Again an apology after trying to overcharge customer should have been at least offered a free transfer 

Do not post unless you are sure of the cost especially as you are representing the Bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi mylesm,

We're sorry to hear you are still dissatisfied with the apologies we have already provided. Once again we'd like to offer our apologies for overstating this charge, this was simply human error. My colleagues answer could not have impacted the OP's transfer charge. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement