Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Blood vs Water (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

They just hang around their little Redemption Island camp until they do their challenge, they're both separated from their tribes for the duration of the RI run. At some point the winner of the final RI challenge re-enters the game, usually on the merged tribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Fcuking Brad. Now that Colton's gone, I hate him the most

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was really hoping Bad Culpepper would be blindsided tonight, but I really disliked John too, so win win...
    I find myself rooting for Aras to outright win this one again... I like the bromance between him and Gervase - wanna see more of that. They're probably my two favourites in the game...
    I also hope Hayden stays in the game for a good while, it'll be interesting to see how he adapts the Big Brother strategy for Survivor... The all guy alliance worked for him on BB, but I think strategy wise he needs to get on side with Ciera and Katie, keep Caleb in as the fourth and then come the merge, if they're still in the game re-align with Kat and Laura M (I think Katie and Tina will actually play against each other if they're both in the merge)... Anyway, it'd be a boring alliance, but it's Hayden's best chance to win...
    Personally I'm more interested in watching the Aras, Gervase, Vytas alliance play out...

I never got why people hated John he seems pretty harmless. I kinda want Hayden to win just cause I'm a BB fan too and clearly John isn't cause if he was he'd of picked Hayden to share the clue with since Hayden stayed true to his alliance on BB12 till the end.

I'd be happy with Aras winning again only because having Sandra as the only 2 time winner is somewhat embarrassing.

This show has had such great women in the past and this years crop are a total snoozefest. Katie and Ciera seem to have a permanent bitch face and the fact Katie couldn't beat Tina is such a joke, Katie should have been the first one gone.

Can't wait till Brad is called out again next week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Potential Winners quote from Tyson this week I think!!

"This game is meant to be fun, and not taken seriously and too many people do and become bitter and angry about it"

.....or something along those lines!!

Personal/Emotional growth by Tyson right there!! I do love him and Aras, proper players!

RI looks like it could be quite tasty next week, and I aint talking about the duel itself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mister R wrote: »
    I never got why people hated John he seems pretty harmless. I kinda want Hayden to win just cause I'm a BB fan too and clearly John isn't cause if he was he'd of picked Hayden to share the clue with since Hayden stayed true to his alliance on BB12 till the end.

I'd be happy with Aras winning again only because having Sandra as the only 2 time winner is somewhat embarrassing.

This show has had such great women in the past and this years crop are a total snoozefest. Katie and Ciera seem to have a permanent bitch face and the fact Katie couldn't beat Tina is such a joke, Katie should have been the first one gone.

Can't wait till Brad is called out again next week :pac:

Could'nt agree more,it is incredulous that Sandra has got one win,never mind the accolade of the only 2 time winner.:eek:
    Really enjoyed that episode,how on earth is the seemingly nice guy Caleb with nasty Colton??Loving the blood water dynamic,making for fascinating viewing.Candice continues to kick ass on RI and will in all likelihood do the same to her hubby.John was harmless enough but deserved to be voted off if only for his failure to find the HII after 2 clues.
    The girls this season outside Candice and Tina have shown nothing and are unlikely to progress.
    Brad is creating a lot of enemies,laughable his claim that he's not the puppermaster whilst running the show.Mixed feeling re the wisdom of his move against John,Candice will probably re enter the game gunning for him if he even survives that long.He'll probably be voted out soon.Can't wait for next week's RI!

The bitter jury on HvV were too moronic to award Parvati with the win, they were all to obsessed with hating Russell despite the fact Parvati entered the show with a massive target and had to align with Russell to get ahead on that season they hated her for aligning with him even though she had no option. For me her losing to Sandra was the biggest joke in terms of Final TC decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Glad Jeff didn't take any of Colton's shít. Disgrace of a player, could have had a better player in his place. Liked this episode, agree with you that said it would have been nice to see Brad get blindsided, but I think it'll add to the season now.

Sure could use some Brenda to spice it up though..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Liked this episode aswell, this has the potential to get very interesting with them targeting each others loved ones strategically.

Never knew he faked the appendicitis last season either, what a w4nker, what was he thinking coming back if he cant handle it? Feel sorry for his partner who seems alright.

So glad Rupert isnt here eating up screentime with his pompous King of Survivor bullsh1t aswell.

Thargor wrote: »
    Liked this episode aswell, this has the potential to get very interesting with them targeting each others loved ones strategically.

Never knew he faked the appendicitis last season either, what a w4nker, what was he thinking coming back if he cant handle it? Feel sorry for his partner who seems alright.

So glad Rupert isnt here eating up screentime with his pompous King of Survivor bullsh1t aswell.

Disgusted with this big reveal,there were endless potentially worthy returnee players who have bitten their right hand off for a call up.

• Advertisement

Jeff proves he has such a big mouth. He used to go around bashing quitters left, right and centre and said they'd "NEVER" come back to Survivor. Now he is playing the victim saying other producers wanted Colton and he didn't.

Aww well maybe don't open you big misogynist mouth in future then when you aren't speaking for the whole production team.

He has to be the most biased reality TV host out there, its evident from day 1 who he loves (muscle men) and who he hates (intelligent women).

Very good episode. Great move by Caleb, some balls on him to do that. Hopefully John and Candice can dump Brad out now. Might seem a bit early for a merge or a tribe reshuffle, but really looks like the loved ones can't win a challenge.

Loved the footage of Tyson and Gervase as the coconut bandits, thought that was quite funny.

What an episode and result. Amazing.

Caleb's kinda move always either backfires or works amazingly well.

What a superb episode!!Loved the RI duel,clever move by Monica.Loving Gervase,he's got a great social game.Classic,coconuts incident with Tyson!:D Rooting for Tadhana in IC,can't buy a win.A one armed Tyson competing was a shocking indictment of the girls.Ciera deserved to go but Brad's deviousness caught up on him.One of the best Tribal Council's in many a long day,Caleb's move really had Culpepper scrambling,surprised all the same that Vytas changed his vote.Blood v Water is working so well,creating so many changing dynamics.RI duel should be compulsive viewing next week.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That was great. I'm a bit of a survivor novice though. What would have happened had Vytas stuck with his original Ciera vote?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    That was great. I'm a bit of a survivor novice though. What would have happened had Vytas stuck with his original Ciera vote?

Welcome to the greatest show in the world S.M.B.!:D

An infamous tiebreaker called the Purple Rock is used when after the revote there is still a tied vote(now pre final 4). The mechanics of the Purple Rock tiebreaker is that all contestants that are not immune (i.e. doesn't have Individual Immunity or didn't play the Hidden Immunity Idol) from the vote - sans those who were tied in the revote - would have to each pick a rock from a bag. Whoever got the dreaded Purple Rock would be eliminated.

The infamous and controversial Purple Rock tiebreaker was first used in Season 4 Survivor Marquesas during the Day 37 Tribal Council, where Neleh Dennis and Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien were tied 2-2, while Vecepia Towery had the Immunity Necklace. In a surprise turn of events, Paschal English, the only contestant without immunity who did not receive a vote that night (and also during the whole game), was eliminated by drawing the Purple Rock.

The rules have been updated.....
    If there is a tie again in the revote and there are five or more contestants left in the game, the Purple Rock tiebreaker would happen. Everyone present at Tribal Council, except players who have individual immunity and those who have used Hidden Immunity Idols, and those who were tied.
    If there is a tie again in the revote but during the Final Four, the tied contestants will be subjected in a fire-making challenge. The winner stays, the loser is out.
    The reason why the Purple Rock tiebreaker is still in use is to prevent contestants from forcing a tie vote, putting members of evenly-numbered alliances in a precarious position (either to get a member from the rival alliance to tip the scales, to personally go to the rival alliance if flipping would be considered better for one's game, or to force a tie and hoping that the rival alliance would be eliminated by the Purple Rock).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Welcome to the greatest show in the world S.M.B.!:D

An infamous tiebreaker called the Purple Rock is used when after the revote there is still a tied vote(now pre final 4). The mechanics of the Purple Rock tiebreaker is that all contestants that are not immune (i.e. doesn't have Individual Immunity or didn't play the Hidden Immunity Idol) from the vote - sans those who were tied in the revote - would have to each pick a rock from a bag. Whoever got the dreaded Purple Rock would be eliminated.

The infamous and controversial Purple Rock tiebreaker was first used in Season 4 Survivor Marquesas during the Day 37 Tribal Council, where Neleh Dennis and Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien were tied 2-2, while Vecepia Towery had the Immunity Necklace. In a surprise turn of events, Paschal English, the only contestant without immunity who did not receive a vote that night (and also during the whole game), was eliminated by drawing the Purple Rock.

The rules have been updated.....
    If there is a tie again in the revote and there are five or more contestants left in the game, the Purple Rock tiebreaker would happen. Everyone present at Tribal Council, except players who have individual immunity and those who have used Hidden Immunity Idols, and those who were tied.
    If there is a tie again in the revote but during the Final Four, the tied contestants will be subjected in a fire-making challenge. The winner stays, the loser is out.
    The reason why the Purple Rock tiebreaker is still in use is to prevent contestants from forcing a tie vote, putting members of evenly-numbered alliances in a precarious position (either to get a member from the rival alliance to tip the scales, to personally go to the rival alliance if flipping would be considered better for one's game, or to force a tie and hoping that the rival alliance would be eliminated by the Purple Rock).
    Ah it's my third season to watch at this stage so it's not all new. This never even looked like a possibility beforehand though.

Thought you were making that purple rock tiebreaker story up as you were going along but the further I read the more I realised you were being serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Excellent episode this week. I knew by the way the episode was edited who was going home, but it was interesting to see how it played out.

Coconut Bandits were awesome. I loved that.
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    Ah it's my third season to watch at this stage so it's not all new.

You need to get your hands on the 24 seasons you didn't see, because they're awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The firemaking tiebreaker is one of the most tense things you get in Survivor, except when it goes badly wrong :D

Not a bad episode, glad the new players finally won a challenge, wouldn't have minded either of the Lauras or Monica getting voted out. They all quite annoy me. Shame Candice couldn't beat Brad, that'd have been nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I am glad Brad beat Candice.

She seemed like such a bitter bitter person. She was so bitter because she was voted first and then just made things personal with Brad and there was no need for that. Writing people's names down is what the game is about and there were others on the team that wrote John's name down too. There was no need for her to give him the finger.

Not a big fan of either of the Laura's. Also that toe thing was mank, I had to look away.

Yeah delighted Brad beat Candice, her bitterness was totally OTT.John is quite strong in those challenges, Laura will certainly challenge his dominancy with her strength in solving puzzles.Really astute move by Aras, he totally shut down any concerns Monica might have had in relation to the obvious threat Laura is to Brad 's survival.Best keep the other Laura around for as long as possible, absolutely no threat and a loyal follower always scrambling to stay in the game.Speaking of which it is quite apparent that the players are deliberately not looking for the HII lest it put a target on their back and be seen to devious ala Hantz.

I get why Candice felt hard done by, she was targeted for being an alternate. RC was the orginal player and Candice was drafted into the game late, then they all vote her off straight away for BS reasons.

Laura M looked like some pathetic old cougar, it was quite hilarious seeing her blindsided face walk off.

Not bad, Brad finally gone, although that challenge was pretty pathetic. New tribes seem a bit out of balance, and probably rules out any physical challenges. Think it was a great move by Tina to manage to get Kat out, if Vytas went, Katie was probably next so it at least gives another target in Vytas around before Katie, and she and Katie probably have a better shot in a Vytas and Aras alliance over someone like Tyson or Monica, and Katie is already in with Ciera and Vytas with Caleb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Tyson is the man.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Tyson is the man.

He had some great stuff today alright. Him eating all the food and working against Aras was quite funny

RI challenge was an absolute joke,that was considered a puzzle?!Tad disappointed King Aras was'nt called out by Laura.Laura and John could well make it back.
    Yeah Tyson was inspired this week,witty as ever.Zen/non believer stuff hilarious.Very subtle targeting of Aras,gorging on his new tribe's food on the sly.Likely to be a bit of tension with Hayden.Tyson and Gervase look a tight duo in the absence of any loved ones.
    Hated the mixing up of the tribes(totally imbalanced),it is hard to see boys losing many ICs.Having said that they nearly blew the IC despite the calamitous error by Tina and Laura.I did not enjoy tribal with the respective pleads for a stay of execution totally OTT.
    Kat showed her lack of maturity,trying to assume a position she is not cut out for.She is no leader.She might have stayed in the game if she confessed to Monica.LOL she worries Hayden will dump her if she fails to make the merge.I'll be astonished if she survives RI next week.
    The most interesting aspect of the switch is the difficulty Aras and Vytas are going to have getting back a position of power in their respective tribes.
    Looks like Tyson continues where he left off next week and Tina may be hoping for some wedding bells!:D

I didn't mind the RI challenge when I assumed the numbers would be jumbled between the bags but no they put the numbers in the bags in numerical order, ridiculously easy.

First off delighted and not even vaguely surprised Kat got her ass kicked at RI,really wish Hayden would dump her.:pac: She really showed her lack of maturity.Thankfully Hayden had the good sense to stay put.
    As predicted the girls and Vytas came up just short again.Laura deserved to go for making such a stupid unilateral decision.Although an honourable thing to do,for a novice player to allow overconfidence make her take an undeserved leadership decision was beyond stupid.
    Looks like either John or Laura will return.Merge could'nt have come at a better time for Vytas as he was certain to go next.His bro Aras was in massive trouble with Tyson's five person alliance so he could do with a bit of brotherly love.
    Anybody think Tina's daughter Katie is cute?:D She's really growing on me.

• Advertisement

I reckon Laura M is coming back, next weeks challenge usually suits women with small feet.

All of the challenges have been in Laura Ms wheelhouse actually since she got there.

I'm not sure Vytas is as on the outs as we are led to believe by editing. Wouldn't be surprised if he has teamed up with Tina and Katie for when Aras returns at the merge, they'll be 4 strong with Aras and Tina both as previous winners to balance each other out.

Hope John comes back cause he'll really be a free agent.

Advertisement