Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd. Sunday Sept 1st KO@ 13:30.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good game from all eleven players, frustrating united and now theyve 2 key players in carrick and rvp booked. Id take aspas off as hes booked for sterling and put coutinho central

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How many headers do they expect RVP to score
    Van Persie is a bit cranky today.

Its early doors but you could see RvP getting very pissed off if Moyes Utd is basically a glorified route one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

I hope Fergie left his hairdryer to Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Man United need a bit of bollocks about them in the second half. Look spineless right now. Liverpool look very good in midfield. Sturridge needs to learn that he can't do everything by himself. Aspas got himself free twice but Sturridge decided to go himself and ran into blind alleys.

Good movement about Liverpool and Lucas doing a good job.

Giggs and Cleverley have to go off at HT. They've been so out of their depth it's not even funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

SlickRic wrote: »
    RVP is unbelievably rattled for some reason.

he'll probably fúck us over 2nd half, but still weird to see.

Id be pretty cranky if I was him too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Liverpool players trying their best to get rvp sent off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Don't think I can watch this **** anymore.

I can't stop watching this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

VanPersie has a bit of a temper doesn't he

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

He's always been a dirty player Van Persie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Should be playing much better against this Liverpool side.

Really disappointing first half from us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Very little quality on display for me Sturridge has been terrible twice refusing to pass when a player was in on goal and isn't chasing down with the intensity of Henderson or aspas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Ah here he just pushed him hardly disgraceful behavior, handbags.

He stopped an entire match after the push and whined and whinged about an imaginary elbow, squared up to 2 players in front of the ref? If that isn't worth a booking what is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That's embarrassing from Skertel there in fairness.

Not as bad as RVP claiming an elbow when there was none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good first half, and a deserved lead, but I won't be taking anything for granted til the 98th minute.

Terrible alright........unprecedented even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Nothing much between the two sides in that half. Should be a great edge to game in the second half after that tit for tat between the players at the end. Loved seeing Gerrard and RVP go at it a little. These games need that bit of passion on show from the players. Aspas has been terrible and needs to come off for us.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Easy three points for Liverpool. United look like they're playing with 9 men. They might end up that way with all the cards they're getting. Shocking stuff from United. Liverpool should get another two or three goals in the second half as United are there for the taking.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

That_Guy wrote: »
    Man United need a bit of bollocks about them in the second half. Look spineless right now. Liverpool look very good in midfield. Sturridge needs to learn that he can't do everything by himself. Aspas got himself free twice but Sturridge decided to go himself and ran into blind alleys.

Good movement about Liverpool and Lucas doing a good job.

Giggs and Cleverley have to go off at HT. They've been so out of their depth it's not even funny.

I thought cleverly looked pretty good first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Ryan Giggs is past it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

How does Gerrard not get booked there. Clearly trying to incite a response from RVP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Doing a good job of it himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Gerard to RVP: "f*ck off you p*ick, you p*ick" "w*nker"

Good man Stevie

Just hope it's 1st half Liverpool that come out again and not 2nd half Liverpool from last 3 games

It's quite evident that Man United are missing Rooney.

Felexicon wrote: »
    How does Gerrard not get booked there. Clearly trying to incite a response from RVP.

The ref would probably have to book VP then also i'm guessing.....sensible reffing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Liverpool need to keep pressing and not let Utd have any control in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

karma_ wrote: »
    He stopped an entire match after the push and whined and whinged about an imaginary elbow, squared up to 2 players in front of the ref? If that isn't worth a booking what is?

I seen gerard squaring up and cursing is that not a booking then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Disappointed with our ball retention when in possession, just a little too lightweight up front in Cout and Aspas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

What was tom doing on the line for the goal?

United poor enough, they aren't getting van p the ball enough, pool centre half's doing well with there contact on united players in the box just enough to put them off but not enough for a ref to pull them in a big game

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

aramush wrote: »
    Ryan Giggs is past it.

No he's not. He just shouldn't be starting in these type of games. Ryan Giggs on for the last 20 minuted today could be brilliant. It's how he's used, it should be obvious he doesn't have more than 30 minutes in him anymore.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

mike65 wrote: »
    Its early doors but you could see RvP getting very pissed off if Moyes Utd is basically a glorified route one.

I think that was established when Giggs was picked over Kagawa, Giggs, Cleverley and Young are all route 1 players

Felexicon wrote: »

Book Gerard has to book RVP too so would you want that?

Liverpool were there for the taking for about 20 mins in the first half. Last 15 mins we did nothing.

Brego888 wrote: »
    Gerard to RVP: "f*ck off you p*ick, you p*ick" "w*nker"

Good man Stevie

Its catchy, you have to give him that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

No way Felliani is fixing this alone. We still can't handle being pressured on the ball which has been a long time problem.

Only thing is Liverpool may tire after an extra time match during the week and the pace they are playing at.

Still, we need to improve the service to RVP before he totally loses it. I can't blame him, he's basically getting nothing of the ball only hopeless crosses from that USELESS Ashley Young.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Liverpool need to keep pressing and not let Utd have any control in this game.

No danger of that.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Sick and tired of Moyes tactics so far this season.Swansea outplayed us until an RvP wondergoal. Clueless against Chelsea Rooney apart. Now this. No midfield structure, crosses and long bombs like a championship team. No subtlety at all in midfield, no creativity. RvP frustration is evident. If I was Kagawa I would be kicking in the managers door. What are either Giggs Cleverley Valencia Young any of them doing in ahead of him?

It's going to be a long hard season, and while I would accept that if we kept trying to play football, to be struggling precisely because we have sacrificed skill for bludgeon football makes me mad.

I think that was established when Giggs was picked over Kagawa, Giggs, Cleverley and Young are all route 1 players

??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Carra in the studio love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Very reactive selections from Moyes. No Kagawa suggests that he feels the need to operate a bit more defensively. & I wasnt aware Welbeck was playing until the 30th min from the commentator saying his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Andy Gray trying to argue that the goal was no offside lol Sky Sports have nothing to worry about with this idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How Gerrard did not get booked there is beyond me. Asks questions if the ref is sucumming to the occasion.

Giggs has been poison. Needs replacing ASAP. Front two have been starved of service.

Making this Liverpool aide look good. Need some composure in midfield and a kick up in tempo. Nano needs to come on for Giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Wow Ferdinand was diabolical for the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Liverpool were there for the taking for about 20 mins in the first half. Last 15 mins we did nothing.

It's fair to say that both teams are playing crap. We should be doing so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Liverpool's pressing is really good. Utd don't look comfortable playing against it. As bad as Aspas has been with the ball he's been very good without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

I'm sorry but this is the united team I have to watch.. Worst 11 I've seen in a long time..

Welbeck, Young, Cleverly & Giggs are a joke.. Won't be such the worse thing if we do lose must wake Moyes up & buy tomorrow... Very poor & Liverpool should have put us away ages ago

Hopefully so e changes are made

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Man Utd so under par, midfield was overrun the first twenty midfielders but the tempo of the game dropped off after that. Cleverly looks lost in the middle of the pitch, Carrick's been too slow on the ball and Giggs has just been awful in general. Liverpool certainly deserve their lead.

Watching the replay of the goal, Ferdinand's "attempt" to attack the ball was pretty pathetic.

Sky are really impartial aren't they with their choice of guests. Dear me.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

I'd love Johnson and Skrtel to face Nani and Chicharito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

United's midfield is pissing me off. Two grafters in the center will never produce master displays. A playmaker has been needed for the last few seasons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement