Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd. Sunday Sept 1st KO@ 13:30.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I don't care whether we win good or bad as long as we keep up the pressure on Spurs with our 3.0 ppg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyhow,4-0 to United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool will need to look on the bright side (take a look in the superthread)

Some crazy talk about Kolo being back, can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

That was last nights news Zerks, no need to bring it up, adds nothing to the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lots of 4-0s and 4-1s about in here.

i reckon Utd will win, but do people not realise these games barely ever end up like that?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That was last nights news Zerks, no need to bring it up, adds nothing to the thread.

It's related to the game so.....

Anyhow,I hope Moyes treats this as if it's just another game.Liverpool are no great shakes and are short at the back so I hope we go at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

If we had luis in the side id be confidant of a win,but as it stands ill be happy with a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I hear toure might be back, the guys a machine if true.

Though what's up with skertl. Is he injured?

zerks wrote: »

Anyhow,I hope Moyes treats this as if it's just another game.Liverpool are no great shakes and are short at the back so I hope we go at them.

It is related but its going to wind up a large % of the people posting here so I'd ask anyone not to post it again, it adds nothing but fuel to what is usually the most volatile match threads on the Soccer Forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mig
    Johnson/Skrtel/Agger/Enrique
    Lucas/Gerrard
    <----Hendo--->
    --Aspas--Coutinho
    Sturridge

Is what I expect. Might be tempting to go 3-5-2 with Johnson and Enrique attacking Evra and whoever is on the other flank.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

1-1 or 1-2 sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If its brought up report it and we'll take care of it ASAP, some of those chants on either side are stupid and add nothing to the game and to be talking about on a match thread brings nothing of value to the thread, it goes for everyone, as this thread usually moves at 100mph during game day the Mods might not see everything, if you see anything report it and try not to get dragged into an argument where you might get a card, thanks.

Even though I only post predictions in games from now on in Match Threads like this im glad this will be dealt with.

the amount of crap spurned on songs last season was a joke.

The same posters would go "Oh isn't the atmosphere in this ground crap, nobody singing bla bla bla"

All of sudden 50% of ground sing a offensive song and world can hear it.

Finally ye have seen it will make yer job much easier to control somethings although good look with other 99 issues.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I hear toure might be back, the guys a machine if true.

Though what's up with skertl. Is he injured?

Skrtel has supposedly recovered from injury, but match fitness could be a problem. We might even see a half from each.

Even though I only post predictions in games from now on in Match Threads like this im glad this will be dealt with.

the amount of crap spurned on songs last season was a joke.

The same posters would go "Oh isn't the atmosphere in this ground crap, nobody singing bla bla bla"

All of sudden 50% of ground sing a offensive song and world can hear it.

Finally ye have seen it will make yer job much easier to control somethings although good look with other 99 issues.:P

Perhaps GavRedKing could use the official Liverpool list of banned words and phrases as a yardstick:pac:

Nope, just the Soccer Forum charter will suffice for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nope, just the Soccer Forum charter will suffice for the time being.

So people can be told to man up? Phew, big call there Gav!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Can't see anything other then a United win unfortunately. Think United up front will be very difficult to handle with what we have available to us. It will still be close thanks to Danny upfront.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

1-3 United. Nervy game, United get a late goal to kill it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

2 days before the game and it already looks like this thread needs to be avoided like the plague. Pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

didnt Fergie go years? Like setting an all time record for consecutively changing the starting line up? Never started the same 11 in the next match.

Will be interesting to see if Moyes sticks to a starting 11 so soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

2-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

zerks wrote: »

Far better for him to do then treat it as a game against Liverpool considering his terrible record against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

United's to lose this one. Pool will be too fragile at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

4-0 to United I reckon, Rooney might even get off the mark with this one, hope to see Kagawa nick a goal as well. I wouldn't bet against Liverpool getting a consolation goal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Really are some morons working for LFC

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/liverpool-twitter-munich-air-disaster

I hope we eat their children style of discomfort on Sunday. Same for Kerry.

RasTa wrote: »
    Really are some morons working for LFC

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/liverpool-twitter-munich-air-disaster

I hope we eat their children style of discomfort on Sunday. Same for Kerry.
    Liverpool FC : "We apologise, unreservedly, for any offence that was caused by this mistake."
    Liverpool have launched an internal investigation into how it happened.

A Manchester United spokesman said: "We welcome the apology."

Let that be an end of it and not to drag the match thread off topic.

Applies to everyone BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Can see another 0-0 snoozefest.

Moyes isn't gonna want to put too much pressure on himself by losing at Anfield and Rodgers is going to want to keep his unbeaten run going.

Both teams to cancel each other out a la Chelsea-United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I reckon 0-2 unfortunately ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Far better for him to do then treat it as a game against Liverpool considering his terrible record against us.
    But now he is managing the champions of england.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Hate to say it, but I think this one's United's. We've been switching off in the second half. It hurt us in the last game, and it'll hurt us this time more.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Grayditch wrote: »
    Hate to say it, but I think this one's United's. We've been switching off in the second half. It hurt us in the last game, and it'll hurt us this time more.

We will not switch off in this game but we still wont win.
    Draw at best for LFC but hard to look past Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

There will be space between the back four and midfield that Coutinho and Sturridge can exploit. I'd be playing Henderson beside Lucas and push Gerrard forward because he just can't defend any more.

Liverpool will play well but I still see Utd sneaking it. RVP with two goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

if toure plays i think he'll keep RVP quiet. if our midfield give them little space then we shouold be able to get the ball up to sturridge and exploit their weak defence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

United are weak, 3rd if not the 4th best squad in the league now (but still stronger than Liverpool's). I still fancy the Reds to take them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

aramush wrote: »
    United are weak, 3rd if not the 4th best squad in the league now (but still stronger than Liverpool's). I still fancy the Reds to take them though.

:confused:
    That weak squad did win the the league at a canter last season.

Chelsea have no forwards. I'm not entirely convinced by their CMs either.
    Although Spurs have made a huge leap forward all these new players they've bought in are still largely untested.
    City, well you can have that one.

And anyway, we're not playing their squad.
    Even just because they have Van Persie they're miles ahead of us because of that constant goal threat from all angles.
    Without Suarez in the team we're a different prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Paulegend wrote: »
    if toure plays i think he'll keep RVP quiet. if our midfield give them little space then we shouold be able to get the ball up to sturridge and exploit their weak defence

Weak defence i am not sure if your serious. It's one of the best probably the best defence in the league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Gbear wrote: »
    :confused:
    That weak squad did win the the league at a canter last season.

Chelsea have no forwards. I'm not entirely convinced by their CMs either.
    Although Spurs have made a huge leap forward all these new players they've bought in are still largely untested.
    City, well you can have that one.

And anyway, we're not playing their squad.
    Even just because they have Van Persie they're miles ahead of us because of that constant goal threat from all angles.
    Without Suarez in the team we're a different prospect.

Eto anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Eto anyone?

I was being hyperbolic.

Lukaku is a great prospect. They also have Torres (but he's ****).
    Etoo has an awful lot to prove after ****ing off on holiday for the past couple of seasons.
    His goalscoring record was fairly good for Anzhi - a little under 1 in 2. Still, there's always been question marks about his personality and there's certainly a risk that he'd be another expensive ****up for Chelsea at CF.

Either way, they're miles short of Rooney/Van Persie/Hernandez etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Amazing how a team who's squad romps the league by 11 points finishes 17 points clear of 4th are now the 4th best squad in the league. Did they lose two or three of their best players that we didn't hear about?

Surprised the fantasy 11 between both teams hasn't started up yet. Will be interesting if Liverpool will still have 6 or 7 starting in the team and finish 20 odd points behind again.

Surprised at Liverpool fans pessimism. I felt more confident going into last seasons games than this one. Can see Liverpool scoring once or twice and they're well capable of keeping it tight defensively. Hoping for a Utd win of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Liverpool fan here.

Good start to the season
    But United could be too much too early for us.
    Will the CBs take care of RVP?
    This is a big worry.

Is Toure 100% out?
    If so he's a huge loss.

Agger and Wisdom would be shaky at best.
    I'd take the draw now if offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Surprised at Liverpool fans pessimism. I felt more confident going into last seasons games than this one. Can see Liverpool scoring once or twice and they're well capable of keeping it tight defensively. Hoping for a Utd win of course.

Well Toure may not play and Agger has looked a bit wobbly so far. Sakho and Ilori (if they sign) won't be there in time to play. Still no Suarez. You have to think United will score so depends if Liverpool can do likewise.

Well Toure may not play and Agger has looked a bit wobbly so far. Sakho and Ilori (if they sign) won't be there in time to play. Still no Suarez. You have to think United will score so depends if Liverpool can do likewise.

Sturridge and Coutinho can easily score between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Amazing how a team who's squad romps the league by 11 points finishes 17 points clear of 4th are now the 4th best squad in the league. Did they lose two or three of their best players that we didn't hear about?

Surprised the fantasy 11 between both teams hasn't started up yet. Will be interesting if Liverpool will still have 6 or 7 starting in the team and finish 20 odd points behind again.

When we look at the squads on paper for this season, United are 3rd if not 4th best. Best starting 11 is 3rd/4th best also. There is no more AF in the dugout and to my mind, won't come close to the league title unless they add some quality before Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Nuts102 wrote: »

Just out of interest what would be the fantasy eleven

keeper - little in it between the two keepers
    RB- Johnson easily
    CB - Jones, Evans too in experienced, rio, vidic get old- my pick would be Agger and Vidic
    LB - evra
    Lw - coutinho easily
    rw - nani valencia welbeck the new guy, not great options but better than what the pool have currently

Dm - Lucas easily
    cm - toss up between gerrard and carrick- Stevie edges it for me

up top - rvp and Suarez

4 or 5 pool players without a doubt, possibly 6 if bias is involved.

RB- Johnson easily
    CB - Jones, Evans too in experienced, rio, vidic get old- my pick would be Agger and Vidic
    LB - evra
    Lw - coutinho easily
    rw - nani valencia welbeck the new guy, not great options but better than what the pool have currently

Dm - Lucas easily

up top - rvp and Suarez

Why? You did that on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

When we look at the squads on paper for this season, United are 3rd if not 4th best. Best starting 11 is 3rd/4th best also
    I've been hearing this around the start of every season for the last 10 years or so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yes, five or six players from last years 7th placed team would get into the Champions starting eleven.

Awesome.

RB- Johnson easily
    LB - evra
    Lw - coutinho easily

Dm - Lucas easily

up top - rvp and Suarez

Liverpool and Utd dont play a 4-4-2. :confused:

And there is more Utd players in there if you'be being unbiased.

GK - 50/50
    RB - Rafael
    CB - Vidic
    CB - Agger
    LB - Evra

RM - Nani
    CM - Gerrard
    CM - Carrick
    CAM - Rooney
    LM - Couthino

CF - RVP

That's how I'd see a 4-2-3-1 line up anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement