Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd. Sunday Sept 1st KO@ 13:30.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

For such a big club, one that is competing with the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Man City, that United side really does look off the standard set by the best in Europe. All of those sides have improved and added, I'd argue that so far Man Utd have gone backwards, another year older and now without the Fergie factor. It will require some serious investment before the window closes because at the moment their billing as third favourites for the league looks entirely warranted.

Overall Liverpool deserved it, the period in which they controlled the game produced the best football of the game. Credit to them, they've started the season very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

That's the highlight of Liverpools season, while United will March on to bigger and better things.

Lol bitter much:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Soby wrote: »
    Man of the match?

Giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

SlickRic wrote: »
    Utd fans may not care for my opinion right now, but I'd be worried by that.

so, so flat in possession.

Like I said already. Winning aside Liverpool were poor themselves. Three points varnished over it but its true.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Soby wrote: »
    Man of the match?

The ref

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

United were so poor and liverpool not much better. Hard for the neutrals to watch.

Moyes needs to sort his head out, poor tactics and team selection from him. Nani made a difference when he came on, but united have so many average players it's unbelievable that we have yet to sort this after so long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Top of the ****ing league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Moyes Out anyone? Better team won, United just went out there to kick Liverpool and deservedly lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

jonny666 wrote: »
    comfortable win for UTD. Liverpool have been pretty this season but thats it. No cutting edge and the defense isnt great. Havent been tested yet

did we pass the test?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

utd fans should leave this thread now.seriously you don't want to be here :)
    ya had more possession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

mrsoundie wrote: »
    The amount of bitterness here from the Utd fans would warrant this Wikipedia entry gettng changed. :)

Liverpool fans are the same every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Total bollox from utd. Nothing creative. A brain dead who we should of got rid of 3 years ago in Nani. Can't believe they are top of the league. God I hate football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Cleverley was awful. Giggs, Carrick and Young poor.

Felt sorry for RVP, no service. Nani made a difference albeit not much.

Liverpool 6 touches in the United box says it all really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    I'd love Johnson and Skrtel to face Nani and Chicharito

How did that work out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

SlickRic wrote: »
    Utd fans may not care for my opinion right now, but I'd be worried by that.

so, so flat in possession.

No urgency at all. They let liverpool reform every time. They made it easy for them.

Update from Anfield....

Get the fcuk in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

That's the highlight of Liverpools season, while United will March on to bigger and better things.

Your tears are delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I really think if today shows us anything it will ultimately be that North London will be a massive force this season.

Fully expect a brilliant game in the North London derby. Contrasted to the relative muck served up today by both sides and by Man Utd v Chelsea.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    did we pass the test?:D

Still not properly tested IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

go to the first few pages of this thread. You will see a good few United fans with some hilarious predictions. I won't quote to save their blushes but they're there alright.

Captain_Hindsight.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

edgecutter wrote: »
    Liverpool fans are the same every year.

Some maybe, but your lot do top the league for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Why were Vidic and Ferdinand so slow at getting the ball out of the back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Liverpool reach their season target of a win against one of the big four. Now when they finish sixth or seventh in the league, they can still look back on a successful season
    Top post.
    nullzero wrote: »
    Terrible game. Depressing as a United fan. If I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be much happier. Two crap teams playing a crap match decided by a crap goal.

Lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    RVP is so going to score in the 2nd half.

They need someone like Hodgson, yeah?

I'd love to have the Hodgson debate but this isnt the time or the place.

Well done pool, few more players and it could be the making of a great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

NukaCola wrote: »
    Still not properly tested IMO

oh right ya. fair enough so

Captain_Hindsight.jpg

TBH i was surprised Utd fans have been so confident......especially with how you play under Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Love Carras honesty, hate the voice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Poor starting XI for United and they were fundamentally rubbish but still managed to be the better team on the day. Ref was awful

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fair play to the decent United supporters in here. Hard pushed to argue if it finished up as a draw.
    Liverpool reach their season target of a win against one of the big four. Now when they finish sixth or seventh in the league, they can still look back on a successful season

Sincerely mean this, one of the worst posters in the SF. Have a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Trilla wrote: »
    Cleverley was awful. Giggs, Carrick and Young poor.

Felt sorry for RVP, no service. Nani made a difference albeit not much.

Liverpool 6 touches in the United box says it all really

I think you'll find 1-0 says it all really. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Poor starting XI for United and they were fundamentally rubbish but still managed to be the better team on the day. Ref was awful

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Exactly buddy, that was our cup final. First trophy of the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Jaysus. A couple of idiot fans from both teams posting here. Calling united fans bitter? Most are saying they were ****e, because they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

monkey9 wrote: »
    Exactly buddy, that was our cup final. First trophy of the season.

Next step fourth place trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

NukaCola wrote: »
    TBH i was surprised Utd fans have been so confident......especially with how you play under Moyes

Tbh Kagawa for Welbeck and Nani for Giggs would have made the game a lot more even today IMO.

But today did show how terrible our midfield is to the extent that it's just completely bypassed more often than not. Rodgers got his tactics spot on to beat us

• Advertisement

All joking aside, Moyes has to adapt his tactics to the players available......he doesn't manage Everton anymore.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Jaysus. A couple of idiot fans from both teams posting here. Calling united fans bitter? Most are saying they were ****e, because they were.

Doesn't bode well for Unt in the coming season. Really think they will be in a dog fight for the 3rd/4th spots.

Could Liverpool fans not just ignore the couple of idiot utd fans that were positing the same ****e during the match too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

How can we expect to win the league by only beating teams like that 1-0? United are a pub team - we should be putting them away 4 / 5 - nil. United are awful, how long will moyes last I wonder? Will they bring fergie back? I really feel sorry for them!! Relegation beckons!

Lister1 wrote: »
    Doesn't bode well for Unt in the coming season. Really think they will be in a dog fight for the 3rd/4th spots.

They played ****e alright, controlled the game in the second half but created damn all. Luckily there's a transfer or two coming in hopefully.

Didn't think Liverpool were good in the second half either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

i really thought both teams were muck. Neither keeper had much to do all day. Mignolet had a few nice saves for the cameras and so did De Gea. Otherwise there was completely nothing on show from Coutinho, RVP, Sturridge, Wellbeck.

Awful game of football , made worse by the fact an early goal usually opens up a game.

Liverpool deserved the win on the basis they actually scored a goal , otherwise if i could award both sides 0 points for that display i would. Pure awful.

Rodgers wont care 1 iota though (and neither should he). 9 points 3 clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

United wouldn't have lost with Fergie in charge.

Awful game.

We were lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

This was one of the EPL marquee games for this season. No wonder the top players are all going elsewhere. Poor stuff all round. Are one of Europe's bigger clubs seriously starting Giggs? Jones? Vidic and Ferdinand, both of whom have about as much pace as my gran (RIP Gran)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Woeful from United. Consistently blew chances, defenders making big mistakes (looking at Evra and Clevs waltzing around for Sturridge's goal), passes all over the place. Just awful football. Moyes needs signings like yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah and that'll probably still be above your lot. Moyes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

fwwf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Quazzie wrote: »
    fwwf.jpg

Robin BLANK persie :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Game echoed of our first game against Everton last year. United will pick up the pace and will improve. How quickly is what matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

great start to the season, maybe a draw would have been fair, great to see the togetherness in our squad, we would have drew/lost that match last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

:-D

• Advertisement
Advertisement