Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd. Sunday Sept 1st KO@ 13:30.

1181920212224»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Nailz wrote: »
    He has his moments, but ultimately his contribution to the first team has been pretty much nil since he'd joined, he's been injured quite a bit too, played infrequently last season. He has ability, just not enough to have an impact at a club with the profile of United, if he dropped back into a midtable/Europa League team you would see the best of him I'd say.

If he sticks around, moyes may just help him out with that!

Was delighted to see Giggs starting.

Hopefully he plays for another few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yes a long time. A long time.

SOOO LONG!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Without Ferguson, United are just a team like any other.

Interesting that everyone suddenly sees Kagawa as a world class midfielder getting a raw deal ... Ferguson and now Moyes obviously don't see it in him and play the likes of Tom Cleverly ahead of him in the team. Tell me another team that doesn't play its world class playmaker as a regular starter?

... United will bounce back i am sure, they always do, but the bar is raised this season and they'll need to find some wins sooner than later. Interesting 24hrs before the window closes. Great win for Liverpool. Nothing great about their performances except that Suarez has yet to return and the results keep comming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

LFC win...so we enjoy the bragging rights. From reading the thread its amazing how generic the debates are against each other; the majority of which are extremely petty - from both sides.

I know it's always the same craic, but it's tiresome. It's a fantastic win for us, and don't get me wrong, it was SUWEEEEEEEET. I especially enjoyed watching what appeared to be Moyes' attempt to skim stones across Anfield when he didn't get the decisions he wanted. He actually struck me as a manager who just wanted things to go his way today with out bearing the ability to actually change things. What ever way United were set up, they were ridiculously ill disciplined. Greatest achievement today was several United players totally losing the rag while LFC kept the heads.

By no means a good game, but a fantastic result. Would love to see the level of interaction between the fans on here improve a bit though rather than the snowball insult fights that go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

great win for Lfc, great start to the season . it was a poor game really and utd will need to keep with chelsea and city as much as possible, wouldnt right utd off just yet anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

What decisions did the ref get wrong that angered the United faithful so much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

What decisions did the ref get wrong that angered the United faithful so much?

Only 5 mins injury time.

Anyone wrote: »
    Only 5 mins injury time.

only works with fergie though, how they miss him and fergie pushed them to win the league in 11 and 13 with average teams compared to the mid nineties teams and early noughties teams , anyway all good things have to end anyway

(edit: ducks salford scud missiles on the way out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

El Inho wrote: »
    LFC win...so we enjoy the bragging rights. From reading the thread its amazing how generic the debates are against each other; the majority of which are extremely petty - from both sides.

I know it's always the same craic, but it's tiresome. It's a fantastic win for us, and don't get me wrong, it was SUWEEEEEEEET. I especially enjoyed watching what appeared to be Moyes' attempt to skim stones across Anfield when he didn't get the decisions he wanted. He actually struck me as a manager who just wanted things to go his way today with out bearing the ability to actually change things. What ever way United were set up, they were ridiculously ill disciplined. Greatest achievement today was several United players totally losing the rag while LFC kept the heads.

By no means a good game, but a fantastic result. Would love to see the level of interaction between the fans on here improve a bit though rather than the snowball insult fights that go on.

I though it was very tame to be honest. Were you around for the game at anfield last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Just popping in to say well done to Liverpool. Thought ye set up very well yesterday and were very difficult to break down. Thought RVP might have scored in the last few minutes to save the draw, but it wasn't to be.

I'm sure we'll get you back at OT! :D

El Inho wrote: »

but you would be surprised if it was any different,its hardly going to ever change :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

but you would be surprised if it was any different,its hardly going to ever change :)

Pretty tame example really, there wasn't really anything that controversial to endlessly keep going over and over over some refereeing decision or offside call.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Was pretty happy with Wisdom yesterday when he came on.

The RB position suits him and I'd be happy to have him in there when needs be.

Advertisement