Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd. Sunday Sept 1st KO@ 13:30.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Would still have Rio ahead of Agger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Liverpool and Utd dont play a 4-4-2. :confused:

And there is more Utd players in there if you'be being unbiased.

GK - 50/50
    RB - Rafael
    CB - Vidic
    CB - Agger
    LB - Evra

RM - Nani
    CM - Gerrard
    CM - Carrick
    CAM - Rooney
    LM - Couthino

CF - RVP

That's how I'd see a 4-2-3-1 line up anyway.

I just picked a formation that I thought would be the strongest mostly built around the two best players - rvp and Suarez

if I was to settle on a formation

......keeper
    Johnson..vidic..agger,evra
    ....Lucas
    gerrard..carrick
    Rooney..rvp..suarez

on paper the best line up but on form coutinho would easily replace Rooney.

Looking at both our teams there are very few differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Here we go again. The inclusion of Joe Allen ahead of Carrick and the passionate defence of it was the best one last season. I'm sure it can be beaten this year though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Blatter wrote: »
    Would still have Rio ahead of Agger.

All day. Possibly my own personal choice add the best CB I've seen for United, provided you don't have a similar player beside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

*Liverpool fan

Come on, the only two Liverpool players that could realistically get in to the United team are Gerrard and Suarez.
    United's players always seem to get under rated by non United fans. Every year they have a 'weak squad' etc. They walked the league last year for **** sake.

De Gea
    Rafael ---Rio---Vidic---Evra
    ---Carrick----Gerrard---
    Kagawa
    Rooney---Van Persie---Suarez

United to win 1-2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Fromvert wrote: »
    *Liverpool fan

Come on, the only two Liverpool players that could realistically get in to the United team are Gerrard and Suarez.
    United's players always seem to get under rated by non United fans. Every year they have a 'weak squad' etc. They walked the league last year for **** sake.

De Gea
    ---Carrick----Gerrard---
    Kagawa

United to win 1-2

How you have (going on current form) Kagawa ahead of Coutinho, Rooney ahead of Sturridge and even De Gea ahead of Mignolet is laughable.

aramush wrote: »
    How you have (going on current form) Kagawa ahead of Coutinho, Rooney ahead of Sturridge and even De Gea ahead of Mignolet is laughable.

Easy. De Gea, Rooney and Kagawa are better players than Mignolet, Sturridge and Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Wouldn't have Kagawa over Countinho but Rooney is a better player than Sturridge and De Gea is beget than Mignolet for me, though the last can be argued either way.

*Liverpool fan

De Gea
    ---Carrick----Gerrard---
    Kagawa

United to win 1-2

Kagawa :confused:

He doesn't even make the united squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

yes, five or six players from last years 7th placed team would get into the Champions starting eleven.

Awesome.

It's an improvement from summer 2007 when it was 10 Liverpool players and Gabriel Heinze :D

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Kagawa :confused:

He doesn't even make the united squad

I think a lot of people are baffled by that. I rate Kagawa higher right now
    Coutinho has six months of good/great form. In time he could change my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Johnson, Gerrard and Suarez are the only Liverpool players who would get into a United match day squad, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rafael on form is better than Johnson on form.

Rafael on form is better than Johnson on form.

I said match day squad, for me it's a toss up who'd start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Johnson's been fairly poor since Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

This comparing of players and coming up with best XI's only seems to happen in here every time there's a game between Liverpool and Man Utd. But it doesn't happen in other games. Why is that?

FatherTed wrote: »
    This comparing of players and coming up with best XI's only seems to happen in here every time there's a game between Liverpool and Man Utd. But it doesn't happen in other games. Why is that?

Wouldn't mind trying it for the Super Cup tonight now that you mention it, want to suggest it in there? 2 excellent squads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Easy. De Gea, Rooney and Kagawa are better players than Mignolet, Sturridge and Coutinho.
    Sturridge is better than the 12/13 Rooney imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

My Da would batter your Da

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I think I've wet myself from laughing so much. Nice to see the delusion is still strong, long may it continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Because Liverpool fans(I'm one btw) and Man Utd fans are idiots.

Because somehow some Liverpool fans:

- Can't say United have great/better players
    - Have a high opinion of Liverpool players even though we've finished 7th, 8th, 6th

Surely with all of these great players we should be in the top four?

And throw in the baiting from both fans when these games come around.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sturridge is better than the 12/13 Rooney imo

I can see why/how it could be argued with his great form since January but Rooney for me is the better player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It probably stems from the comical comparison thread in which a lot of the pool supporters had a majority of Liverpool players in the team and only a few from United.

Even though we've won 5 of the last 6 league titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Interesting that liverpool are actually favourites for the match

redzerdrog wrote: »

Very. Is this all Asian money?

Down to home advantage. Two teams of equal ability, home team is generally 11/10 in marginated prices. So the 13/8 Liverpool looks fair enough. Big difference from the last meeting at OT where you could get United at a ridiculous 21/20 prematch

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Great that the comparisons were started by an Arsenal fan, yet the LFC fans are being branded as delusional. Great. I'm glad I'll miss this thread on Sunday.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Down to home advantage. Two teams of equal ability, home team is generally 11/10 in marginated prices. So the 13/8 Liverpool looks fair enough. Big difference from the last meeting at OT where you could get United at a ridiculous 21/20 prematch

Usually win by a goal however have lost once in previous 7 league meetings. Has to be down to a load of cash on Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

5starpool wrote: »
    Great that the comparisons were started by an Arsenal fan, yet the LFC fans are being branded as delusional. Great. I'm glad I'll miss this thread on Sunday.
    How many Arsenal players would get into this combined United/Liverpool team? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The bookmakers are delusional.

Delusion. Deluded. Diddley dum dum, diddley do.

Those best 11 are great. No better exercise to get people insulting each other over players they're naturally biased over.

RasTa wrote: »
    Usually win by a goal however haven't lost in previous 7 league meetings. Has to be down to a load of cash on Liverpool.

It's not, the line is saying United are a fair bit better and the line is settled. A pre game move like the inexplicable one prior to the last meeting would indicate lots of cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

IMO most of the United bench (the usuals) would start for Liverpool

He is a pool fan

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's not, the line is saying United are a fair bit better and the line is settled. A pre game move like the inexplicable one prior to the last meeting would indicate lots of cash

It has moved, united where slight favs a couple of days ago irc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How many Arsenal players would get into this combined United/Liverpool team? :pac:

Actual Arsenal players...or ones they were definitely signing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Funny how the post that started all this off was saying how it was a surprise that there was no fantasy line ups yet. Then an Arsenal fan comes in and sets it all off. He got what he wanted anyways.

Aramush is a Liverpool fan no? He is in fantasy land

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He is a pool fan

Oranage started it did he not? He is anything but a Liverpool fan.

Why do you care anyhow? If a Cardiff City fan did a mashup of Cardiff/Liverpool and had only 3 Liverpool players I don't think I could muster enough energy to care.

• Advertisement

United are weak, 3rd if not the 4th best squad in the league now (but still stronger than Liverpool's). I still fancy the Reds to take them though.
    When we look at the squads on paper for this season, United are 3rd if not 4th best. Best starting 11 is 3rd/4th best also. There is no more AF in the dugout and to my mind, won't come close to the league title unless they add some quality before Monday.

I don't care, just calling above delusional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Oranage started it did he not? He is anything but a Liverpool fan.

He did start it all and he is an Arsenal fan . So lets all just breathe and stop the bickering of who is better then who .

FFS guys, you can all put down the pitch forks and torches, I posted a fantasy team I thought the two clubs would make. Hardly a need for a lynching.

I believe a Chelsea fan also put up a team, maybe bring two ropes-

"he started it" like a play school in here sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just out of interest, Ornange, who'd be in your Arsenal/United hybrid megazord squad?

RVP, for a start, am I right? ;)

Grayditch wrote: »
    Just out of interest, Ornange, who'd be in your Arsenal/United hybrid megazord squad?

RVP, for a start, am I right? ;)

Well I do love comparison teams :P

It would be tough to pick a formation and style

But players that I think would definitely make the team

mig/de gea
    Evra
    vidic
    cazorla
    rvp
    suarez
    carrick
    Rooney

not sure on the formation though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

its a good time for us to be playing utd, were on a good run, we are at home, moyes will not want to loose his first match vs pool as utd boss and may be happy playing for another draw . (he's not fergie and wont go for jugular just yet) .. it does not matter so much if toure plays as if utd attack us they will cause lots of problems and all our defenders are prone to errors ,but we can pick them off on the break..

if pool can maintain majority possession we should win. we are a good side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

I don't care, just calling above delusional

Its called being realistic my friend, try it sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Well I do love comparison teams :P

It would be tough to pick a formation and style

But players that I think would definitely make the team

mig/de gea
    Evra
    vidic
    cazorla
    rvp
    suarez
    carrick
    Rooney

not sure on the formation though

Looks like a pretty groundbreaking 2-2-3 to me. With 2 goalkeepers.

Yep...it might just work.

I think a lot of people are baffled by that. I rate Kagawa higher right now
    Coutinho has six months of good/great form. In time he could change my mind.

I do like kagawa, its I get the impression he's been hyped up to be a lot better than what he is.

I get the feeling he's been hyped up just as a marketing tool in the Asian market, how many times did Ferguson put him on when he needed to win a game? I can't think of one. I've seen cleverly start ahead of him in midfield too, he's not a cm but surely he could have started a few games there when united were running away with the league. His best position is behind the striker but Rooney is a million times better.

I wouldn't even rate him a good a player as nakata that played for bolton.

He's really just there to come on when united are winning by a few goals, ping a few passers and sell a few shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You would think it would be Liverpool and United fans trying to get a reaction from each other in here.

Advertisement