Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd. Sunday Sept 1st KO@ 13:30.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He has a "sickening horror gash" on his head according to The Mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Have 50 on Coutinho at 9/1 first scorer. Think it will be a 1-0 or 1-1 scoreline in a scrappy enough game.

Very brave call, would probably stick a fiver on Henderson as an outside bet @16/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

jones hammerd rooney in training..10 stitches.. so ive read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

barone wrote: »
    jones hammerd rooney in training..10 stitches.. so ive read

he prob deserved it. so will he start or not?

would like to think we've enough up front to put one or two past united but van persie's and our defence make me shudder. 2-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Threw a bit of money on Rooney to score in a 1-0 win 45/1 or a 2-0 win 60/1

Great odds, u til I got Home and saw he might not be playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

0-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

0-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

0-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Very brave call, would probably stick a fiver on Henderson as an outside bet @16/1

That's the bet I placed too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm feeling brave. Or stupid...can't decide which.

3-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Grayditch wrote: »
    He has a "sickening horror gash" on his head according to The Mirror.

That's no way to talk about Coleen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Charlie19 wrote: »

For these big games I'd usually splash 50 around on a few different bets (1st goalscorer/scorecasts, correct scores etc) but rarely any joy so just decided to go with one. If it works out yee-haw, if not no bother. Fingers crossed of course.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

0-2.

Oh and de Gea >>>>>> Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

3-2 to United im going for

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

A red card each and a 1-1 draw with the equaliser in the last 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

0-2....De Gea is improved immensely and RVP well hes gunna score at least one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

comfortable win for UTD. Liverpool have been pretty this season but thats it. No cutting edge and the defense isnt great. Havent been tested yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

0-0 I'm afraid. Another borefest like the Man Utd vs Chelsea match last Monday'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

jonny666 wrote: »
    comfortable win for UTD. Liverpool have been pretty this season but thats it. No cutting edge and the defense isnt great. Havent been tested yet

Ya, those 2nd halves against stoke and Villa were walks in the park....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

At least 3 bans! as for the match I have not got a clue. 3-3 Red Socks to clinch it in extra innings.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Ya, those 2nd halves against stoke and Villa were walks in the park....:rolleyes:

I reckon they meant "haven't been tested" in the sense they haven't played against any of the top teams yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Stoke and villa aren't UTD. The 2nd half against stoke, Liverpool were shocking. Sit back like that against Utd and they will punish ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think United will run riot today.

I'm expecting a reverse of this glorious day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

3-1 to Liverpool.

Am confident of victory and can see ManU slipping up this year and being involved in a battle with Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs for the 3rd/4th spots.

Could say that Moyes Utd hasnt been "tested" either, Swansea lay down and died and Chelsea game was woeful from both sides. Anyway 3-1 to Pool, Couts and Sturridge running riot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Pitty luis wasnt playing id be alot more confidant then, im sure if utd were playing without rvp they would feel the same, still hoping for the win though obviously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Each of the last 4 fixtures has finished with a scoreline of 2-1.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Could say that Moyes Utd hasnt been "tested" either, Swansea lay down and died and Chelsea game was woeful from both sides. Anyway 3-1 to Pool, Couts and Sturridge running riot

You could indeed but at the end of the day they're the champions for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Chico and nani both travelled with the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

5-0 United.

Confident that United will still be first or thereabouts and Liverpool in the battle of Merseyside for 6th.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You could indeed but at the end of the day they're the champions for a reason.

but not champions because of Moyesy ;)

Would be great if nani and chico made the matchday squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

BTEmMiUCQAEcgjk.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

As much as it pains me to say it, I think United will run riot today.

I'm expecting a reverse of this glorious day.

Worried about it myself.

Worried about it myself.

No chance.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

#LFC team v #MUFC - Mignolet ; Johnson, Škrtel, Agger, Jose Enrique ; Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson ; Iago Aspas, Coutinho ; Sturridge

#LFC subs - Jones, Wisdom, Kelly, Flanagan, Luis Alberto, Sterling, Ibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oh my ****ing days what a shocker of a bench from liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

It could be a very tight game or both teams could run riot. I am hoping for the latter. 2-1 to the Pool in the end with Sturridge to continue his run of good form and the Count to prove too much for the Utd defense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Lads I've thrown a comment in each thread (Liverpool & United) with regards the following issue but thought it best belong in here so even the neutrals can get a taste of the sportsmanship and maybe something I hope is being practiced the the Arsenal and Spurs lads today.

Several of the lads from the United thread have PMd me throughout the week wishing myself and my fellow boardsie Liverpudlians the very best of luck ahead of the big game. I informed the lads of this and we returned the favour; I PMd one of the big dogs from their thread returning our best wishes.

Here's to a good game lads and may the best team win :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

klose wrote: »
    Oh my ****ing days what a shocker of a bench from liverpool

Jones Sterling Wisdom Kelly Ibe Flanagan Alberto

won't be seen again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I'm predicting a score draw, but I hope Moyes doesn't choke and Atleast attempts to win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »

3 right backs, i include wisdom in that as hes only played 3 or 4 games as a centre half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

audman wrote: »
    Lads I've thrown a comment in each thread (Liverpool & United) with regards the following issue but thought it best belong in here so even the neutrals can get a taste of the sportsmanship and maybe something I hope is being practiced the the Arsenal and Spurs lads today.

Several of the lads from the United thread have PMd me throughout the week wishing myself and my fellow boardsie Liverpudlians the very best of luck ahead of the big game. I informed the lads of this and we returned the favour; I PMd one of the big dogs from their thread returning our best wishes.

Big dogs?

Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

mike65 wrote: »

Wow that's shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Will sky ever put up subtitles for carragher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What's the issue? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Really really strange.

I dont mean utd and liverpool fans being nice to each other.

I just find it weird that people would bother sending a pm "best of luck sunday buck".

Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

klose wrote: »
    3 right backs, i include wisdom in that as hes only played 3 or 4 games as a centre half

4 right backs, you forgot Sterling! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

An unfit Skrtel and an out of form Agger.

I'm fucking terrified for our defence right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Big dogs?

Right.

Yeah, nice to meet you.

*tips hat*

• Advertisement
Advertisement