Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

television or films from Brazil in Portuguese with English subtitles

• 29-08-2013 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, I'm trying to learn to understand Brazilian spoken Portuguese. So what I'm looking for are television or films from Brazil in Portuguese with English subtitles. Any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

There are dozens of great Brazilian films out there but it is a very difficult language to pick up by hearing. What I did to practice was get the lyrics of a song and read them as I listened to it, it helped me match the sounds with the words.

If you want to watch some Brazilian films, both Tropa de Elite ones are up on Youtube with English subtitles. I'd recommend both.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heikki

If you are in Dublin you could go into Gamestop or Cex around Henry St. and check on the back of second hand movies/ series if Portuguese audio and/or subtitles are included.. They sell for a very cheap price..

Or go onto Amazon Brasil or Portugal and buy your favourite TV series as most will come with Portuguese dubbing and English..

Advertisement