Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom f1000 efiber modem DVR set up

Options
  • 29-08-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to set up a security DVR with the Eircom zyxel f1000 efiber modem? I'm using a dyndns forwarding service and can't get anything working, a real pain all worked fine with my old netgear router and slow Internet connection.

Any suggestions would be great. Eircom support suggest I get a fixed ip but before I go down that route I'd like advise from those who know best!

Thanks Ae 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

This is interesting, I can look at all of the cameras from outside of my own network IPhone Ipad etc. on any Wifi network other than my own or on 3G perfectly. Also trying to access the system via a windows machine on my home network it displays my Routers Admin set up page.

Is this a port problem or what? as my Cameras are accessible for viewing outside of my network I don't really need a fixed IP as DynDns is working fine.

Suggestions please.

Ae

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Aepos wrote: »
    This is interesting, I can look at all of the cameras from outside of my own network IPhone Ipad etc. on any Wifi network other than my own or on 3G perfectly. Also trying to access the system via a windows machine on my home network it displays my Routers Admin set up page.

Is this a port problem or what? as my Cameras are accessible for viewing outside of my network I don't really need a fixed IP as DynDns is working fine.

Suggestions please.

Ae
    Have you forwarded the CAM port number to the cam fixed IP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

You don't need a fixed IP, the dynamic DNS service will do fine.
    You will need to forward the listening port(s) for the DVR server from the router. I suspect the video stream will be over UDP also, so ensure that if the forwarding rule requires you to specify the protocol that you specify UDP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Sorry... didn't read your second post. So, to clarify...

You can access your cameras from outside your own network?
    You can't access from in your own network?

How are you accessing the cameras? Through a local IP, or a domain name? If the domain name, it is possible that the router sees the client and server on the same IP and does something weird. Try using the internal IP.

I'd need to know more about the router to be sure of any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Thanks for the info folks. It would appear to be a port forwarding issue ok.

I can see the DVR fine on any outside connection  from my Iphone or Ipad on any wifi Hotspot or 3G connection but from home on my Imac using the MEye software can only access it on 192.168.1.8 on port 100.

So I,ll mess around and see what I can sort out, I'm not sure about the Zyxel EFiber modem and its settings however I'll give it a go.

Again Many Thanks

Ae

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Aepos wrote: »
    Thanks for the info folks. It would appear to be a port forwarding issue ok.

I can see the DVR fine on any outside connection  from my Iphone or Ipad on any wifi Hotspot or 3G connection but from home on my Imac using the MEye software can only access it on 192.168.1.8 on port 100.

So I,ll mess around and see what I can sort out, I'm not sure about the Zyxel EFiber modem and its settings however I'll give it a go.

Again Many Thanks

Ae

Hi,

Ok no problem at all, hopefully you get this sorted.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement