Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing lights from China

Options
  • 29-08-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Just wondering how much import duty would be payable on Lights imported from China. Is there any websites to check how much it would cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

watch for rubbish quality - ensure all lights conform to all legislation and you may also have to register for the weee scheme.

top brands have had serious reductions recently and expect further price reductions soon - a quality 4w gu10 led can be had for under €4 (+vat) these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

trepasers wrote: »
    Just wondering how much import duty would be payable on Lights imported from China. Is there any websites to check how much it would cost?

Hello Trepasers,

I would recommend to contact the tariff classification unit in Nenagh e-mail : tarclass@revenue. They are very helpfull and not only confirm the rate of duty but also the customs tariff nr (without looking for money .......)

I am adding a duty / VAT calculator. Just fill in the hi-lighted area's. I have included the rate of exchange applied by customs for the month of September. It is set on a monthly basis, so may be subject to change (see http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/businesses/importing/exchange-rates/index.html)

I would recommend to pay Revenue the import duty and VAT direct. You can do an electronic bank transfer (they have an account with AIB and BOI). That is the safest and easiest way.

be carefull when it comes to shipping. Especially for Oceanfreight I would urge you to agree Free On Board Chinese port terms (FOB). Obtain quotes from Irish based freight forwarders. That way you avoid falling into the traps that Chinese Freight Forwarders lay for unsuspecting importers that have left the shipping arrangements to their suppliers (see boards.ie for : China Import Service Fee to get a flavour of how people have been caught out).

Feel free to post again if you need any further information

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

sandin wrote: »

top brands have had serious reductions recently and expect further price reductions soon - a quality 4w gu10 led can be had for under €4 (+vat) these days.

Oh really. Is that online or B&M.
    I got bulbs recently in a B&M store for €5.69 + Vat. They had more exp bulbs for €8.13 + Vat

Advertisement