Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country Fixtures 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Edit: Dublin Athletics site still being down is pretty poor considering there is a race in a few days.

Expected to be back up by the weekend

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Are you trying to kill people with that "yellow"

Sorry, I use the black background so it looks good here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

RayCun wrote: »
    Expected to be back up by the weekend

Thas bad form, whoever is in charge of their IT should be shot:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

anybody know what time the mens race is on at on Sunday?

eldiva wrote: »
    anybody know what time the mens race is on at on Sunday?

Ladies is at 1PM, men usually after that. I'd expect maybe 1:20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

The schools XC All Ireland is being held at Waterford IT next 8th March..

shiibata wrote: »
    The schools XC All Ireland is being held at Waterford IT next 8th March..

Will more than likely mean the Intervarsities will be held the same day and venue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I think the Munster Masters is on December 1st. Not October 27th with Novice.

Big turnout in St. Annes today. Nice to see ladies teams from Raheny, Tallaght, DCD and Front Runners which should bulk up the numbers.

Absolute abysmal sh*t from me. Don't think I've ever been so close to bawling my eyes out after a race before. Sh*te end to a sh*te week.

Hope it's cold and miserable for the next one, weather more suited to track season today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Any link to the full novice results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thas bad form, whoever is in charge of their IT should be shot:eek:

Ahh now, not my fault the bills weren't paid.. :P . Btw the sites hosting and domain registrar has been changed, some recent results are missing and will be restored soon.
    Some people may still get the hosting suspended message, but i'm sure most should be able to access the site now. The results for today's race are expected to be up on it soon I was told, I can't tell you when as it's not something I'm actively involved in.
    I just do work on/off for the DAB site btw, I'm not "in charge" of it so was not creating regular site backups. Unfortunately this downtime issue was out of my control, but I appreciate it's a nuisance.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Any results from Tipp races?
    Couldn't race :mad: as dying with a cold

Any results from Tipp races?
    Couldn't race :mad: as dying with a cold

http://www.tipperaryathletics.com/results/2013/County%20Novice%20CC%20results%202013.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Anyone measure the distance of the Dublin novice......if it was 6k then I'd have been pretty pleased with my time......but I'm not sure that it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Any confirmation on Intercounties yet ( Santry per WChop?? ) and Novices venues...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Anyone measure the distance of the Dublin novice......if it was 6k then I'd have been pretty pleased with my time......but I'm not sure that it was.

Wasn't wearing a watch but fairly sure it was a couple of hundred metres short - not much more than that. It was a fast xc course though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

brutes1 wrote: »
    Any confirmation on Intercounties yet ( Santry per WChop?? ) and Novices venues...

The locations have been finalised for the upcoming 2013 National Cross Country Championships. The Woodie’s DIY Inter County and Juvenile Even Age Championships will take place in Santry Demesne, Dublin on the 17th of November.

The Woodie’s DIY National Novice and Juvenile Uneven Age Championships are scheduled for the 15th of December and will take place in Waterford Sports Campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 acoghlan

Sacksian wrote: »
    Wasn't wearing a watch but fairly sure it was a couple of hundred metres short - not much more than that. It was a fast xc course though.

5.65k on my Garmin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 acoghlan

Kissy Lips wrote: »
    Any link to the full novice results?

Dublinathletics.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Huayra

Haven't been here in what seems like ages. So far I've done Stamullen(24th), Wicklow Novice(5th), Wicklow Intermediate(5th). Have a great buzz from all this xc racing. Its very tough and hard to keep momentum going like you do on the roads. Yet it is better in many other ways. The way you maneuver about is working more muscles, and personally I feel that I am already more flexible now. Almost every step I take in training is on grass too. I can see the benefits of avoiding the cruel concrete on my legs. A few months ago when people told me to do xc, I didn't think it would suit me or see how it could help me that much. Anyone new to running should definately try and do some of these races.
    Dunboyne,Adamstown and Wicklow Seniors are next ones I know I'm going to race. Will throw in few more over season. Might see some boardsies. pconn sorry I missed you in Stamullen. I forgot what your club. Hopefully see you in next Meath race?

was it a stronger field this year for the mens Dublin Novice compared to last year?

can anyone tell me what makes you eligible/ineligible for the likes of Novice and Intermediate cross country or where I may find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

eldiva wrote: »
    can anyone tell me what makes you eligible/ineligible for the likes of Novice and Intermediate cross country or where I may find it?

Do you mean county races or provincial or national?

From AI:

NOVICE
    1. Novice athletes must be 19 years of age or over on the 31st December in the year of
    competition
    2. An athlete who has never been an individual medal winner or a scoring member of the
    winning club or county team at the National Novice Championships.

3. An athlete who has never been an individual medal winner or a scoring member of the
    winning club or county team at National Intermediate Championships

4. An athlete who has never been an individual medal winner or a scoring member of the
    winning club or county team at National Senior Grade A Championship.

5. An athlete who has never been an individual medal winner at National level in any senior
    track indoor or outdoor at 1500m and upwards.

6. An athlete who has never been an individual medal winner at National level in road event
    at 1500m and upwards, or

7. An athlete who is a scoring member of the winning club or county team at National Senior
    Grade A, Road, Cross Country or Track Championships

8. An athlete who has never represented Ireland at any IAAF or EAA Senior International
    Championship.

9. Status of an athlete will not be altered during a cross country season (September to April)
    other than in the case of an individual win

INTERMEDIATE
    1. Intermediate athletes must be 20 years of age or over on the 31st December in the year of
    competition

2. An athlete who has never been an individual medal winner or a scoring member of the
    winning club or county team at National Intermediate Championships

3. An athlete who has never been an individual medal winner or a scoring member of the
    winning club or county team at National Senior Grade A Championships

4. An athlete who has never been an individual medal winner at National level in any senior
    track indoor or outdoor at 1500m and upwards.

5. An athlete who has never been an individual medal winner at National level in road event
    at 1500m and upwards, or a scoring member of the winning club or county team at
    National Senior Grade A Championships

6. An athlete who has never been on a representative team at Senior International Level.

7. Status of an athlete will not be altered during a cross country season (September to April)
    other than in the case of an individual win

That's made me even more confused pconn...does a medal as individual or team in county novice rule you out of all novice competition in future seasons or just at county level?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

That's made me even more confused pconn...does a medal as individual or team in county novice rule you out of all novice competition in future seasons or just at county level?

I think (am I'm not 100% because the document is quite confusing to understand) but a medal at county level does not discount you at National level, it only puts you out of county level (and only for a certain period of time, of which I'm not sure). Maybe someone who knows more about this than me will chip in! I have a county board meeting tomorrow night so I hope to clarify some of these things for myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Yes your right pconn062, a medal at County level ( team win or top 3) means your out of that and into intermediate levels , then a team win there or top 3 medal individual and your out of that and into senior
    Regional level is next up eg Leinsters, same rules apply, then National level. These take precedence over the levels below so if you won the National Novice that would knock you out of ALL novice events. You can still compete at regional/national level as novice if you have a county novice title /medal only to your name .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

brutes1 wrote: »
    Yes your right pconn062, a medal at County level ( team win or top 3) means your out of that and into intermediate levels , then a team win there or top 3 medal individual and your out of that and into senior
    Regional level is next up eg Leinsters, same rules apply, then National level. These take precedence over the levels below so if you won the National Novice that would knock you out of ALL novice events. You can still compete at regional/national level as novice if you have a county novice title /medal only to your name .

Individual counties may vary as they can make their own rules in this regard. In Meath only an individual win in a category rules you out of it for the future. We don't consider 2nd, 3rd individual or team wins as relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Trevster

December 15th – AAI Juvenile & Novice X-Country

Might have a bash at this for the craic. As far as I'm aware, your club has to register you right? Never done it before. Cheers.

Advertisement