Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys EA2700 - Finding DHCP Lease info

Options
  • 29-08-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all..

Some devices were recently stolen from my house, an ipad and a macbook air, and they were connected to the WiFi at the time. I'm trying to locate the exact time and date they were disconnected from the wifi so I can try and locate them on CCTV.

Somebody suggested on this thread that I may be able to find out by viewing my DHCP leases on the router, and seeing when they ended? Only problem is I don't know how to find that info on my linksys router as it's got one of those shiny fancy interfaces....

Any ideas? Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Typically DHCP Leases last 8 days though this varies from server to server and according to here the default on your router is 1 day so you might be out of luck.

Leases can stay active long after the leaser has gone off the network (up to the end of the agreed lease time) and it's address won't be reassigned to another client unless the router runs out of addresses in its DHCP scope. If the router was unplugged at any stage since the theft it may have lost any history it might have had.

You can view current Leases by doing this:

7. Can I see the list of DHCP clients currently connected to the Guest network?

Yes. They will be displayed on the DHCP client table along with the ones connected to your main network. You can check this by going to the router’s web-based setup page. Go to Status > Local Network then click on DHCP Client Table.

NOTE: For Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers, log in to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account, click the Device List Tool then click the Guest network tab.

From here.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Sweet, thanks for that, great info.

I think I have two problems - neither the laptop nor the ipad were connected to the 'guest' network but rather the main network, and yeah it's gone past one day now.

Advertisement