Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanently remember full site selection, not touch, on mobile.

Options
  • 29-08-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

I saw this post in the touch thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86215716#post86215716 & have been meaning to ask the same question myself for awhile.

Basically every time i go to boards.ie on my galaxy s3 using firefox mobile i get directed to the touch site & always scroll to the bottom & switch to full. But if i close the broswer & come back again later i get the touch site again. Is there anyway to select the full site & keep it that way? What might be important is that it used to work the way i wanted for a long time & i cleared all my history etc awhile ago & its happening ever since.

Not to dismiss touch but just i dont like it & the full site works great on an s3 through firefox.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hello,

Thanks for the report, I can confirm this is happening on our test Android phone with Firefox too. I reboot the phone and Firefox will reload the touch site. Curiously, it doesn't happen in Chrome.

We'll take a look into this soon as we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Cheers. Just to note as well from the post i linked it's happening on an iphone also.

Hey guys,

Sorry about the delay on this but this should be solved now. The next time you press "Full site" the cookie shall remain there for up to a year.

Thanks,
    Alvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Excellent thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hey guys,

Sorry about the delay on this but this should be solved now. The next time you press "Full site" the cookie shall remain there for up to a year.

Thanks,
    Alvis.

Not sure if this is applicable to google chrome,appears to still revert back to the touch site?:confused:

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Not sure if this is applicable to google chrome,appears to still revert back to the touch site?:confused:

Morning,

I'm not able to reproduce this on the Android version of Chrome. Are you on an iOS perhaps? Can you describe in detail how you can reproduce this issue?

If I'm understanding this correctly, so you tap "full site" on the touch site and it loads the full site. But later on when you open links to the Boards full site (URLs that don't have touch.boards.ie in them, such as in the email alerts), you're redirected to the touch site again?

Are you clearing your cookies?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement