Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banana Ice Cream Needed Urgently

• 29-08-2013 10:05pm

sorry for the headline but I didn't want to say why

my nana has cancer and she looking to eat some banana ice cream

tired everywhere cannot find it

help please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Make your own one-ingredient banana ice-cream.
    No prizes for guessing what the ingredient is.

I've never made this but I've seen it on a few recipe websites and the reviews are always supergood.
    Directions
    Peel bananas, cut into 1-inch slices, and place on a lined sheet. Place in freezer for at least 6 hours, best overnight.

Place frozen banana pieces in food processor. Pulse, then process until the bananas are the consistency of ice-cream. It might take a while, and you will have to scrape the sides and push down the bananas every once in a while. Stay with it. There will come a moment when it all just “happens.”

Eat immediately, or place back in freezer to harden slightly. It will never get super hard, and you probably can’t keep it for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

If you know someone with a card for Musgraves they might have it.

Try places that sell Ice Cream by the scoop too. BB's, shop in Crescent, Fine Things in Arthur's Quay, etc. they might sell you a tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

sorry for the headline but I didn't want to say why

my nana has cancer and she looking to eat some banana ice cream

tired everywhere cannot find it

help please
    I have a new block in freezer if your badly stuck tonite.corbally area. Tesco coonagh cross.open till 11.30 ish? Grove island I got mine but closed now. Pm if ur stuck.

I have a new block in freezer if your badly stuck tonite.corbally area. Tesco coonagh cross.open till 11.30 ish? Grove island I got mine but closed now. Pm if ur stuck.

It was in stock in tesco coonagh 5 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Eurospar at Watch House Cross stock it but closed until morning.

• Advertisement

your so lovely to offer im gonna go to Eurospar Watchouse Cross tomorrow you the best :)

phog wrote: »
    Eurospar at Watch House Cross stock it but closed until morning.

perfect will go first thing

your so lovely to offer im gonna go to Eurospar Watchouse Cross tomorrow you the best :)

It might not be in stock at d moment its worth a try.I go into that shop about 5 times a week and I have looked out for it in recent weeks.I bought it on Monday in grove island deep back in fridge almost hidden they had bout 5 blocks left.The strange reason how I know this is my Mrs says its very hard to get banana ice cream she was in hospital for a week and she got no jelly ice cream.so I buy it when I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

After opening ice cream, put the carton/ block back into a zip lock bag before replacing in the freezer. It will stay softer than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Lidl have one - the knock off Ben and Jerrys onehttp://i1.ytimg.com/vi/DPgvhWNgB_E/maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I've just been in Aldi past the Parkway and they have it. I looked especially cos it hit me that I haven't seen it in a long time.

Advertisement