Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafre Enniskillen 2013

Options
  • 29-08-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys , I was wondering if any other horsey enthusiasts were attending Cafre in Enniskillen this year - that way I'll have a vague idea who I'll be going with and or if anyone already attending give me a run down of what happens at orientation.

I'm a socially inept first year and any advice would be great. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 alisoncr

I'm going too! But i still have no where to live, and I'm hoping the pack comes tomorrow telling me if I am or not aha! Where are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Squuzzling

alisoncr wrote: »
    I'm going too! But i still have no where to live, and I'm hoping the pack comes tomorrow telling me if I am or not aha! Where are you coming from?

I know same! I applied early enough for it so hopefully I'll have a place. :L
    I'm from Cavan :-) , you?

I applied literally two weeks ago and got accepted tuesday, but i have no clue if i'm on campus or not:L And i'm kinda worried now:L cause I got equine business in maynooth but i prefer enniskillen. I'm from sligo! someone from the republic! oh thank God:)

I applied literally two weeks ago and got accepted tuesday, but i have no clue if i'm on campus or not:L And i'm kinda worried now:L cause I got equine business in maynooth but i prefer enniskillen. I'm from sligo! someone from the republic! oh thank God:)

Woo ! Someone else from down here. I got Limerick and Athlone but Cafre is the place to be. Did you go to any of the open days? :-)

No i didn't:( I wanted to though! i was told i shouldn't go to cafre, but it wasn't until dublin horse show this year that i wanted to go! did you? whats it like??

• Advertisement

Its great! The yards are spotless and all the horses were groomed to perfection. There it three main yards , the racing yard , Liverys and the mare and foal yard..don't think I skipped anything.. the staff are really helpful and friendly so are other students by the looks of things too :-). My dad isn't horsey at all and he really liked it so it must be a good thing. Are you bringing a horse/pony? :-)

Damn i wish i had gone! My horse died last year and we haven't gotten a new one since:/ Are you bring a horse or a pony? Are you on campus/off campus? Did you see what they were like as well as the class places thingys? Do they test you on your riding before you start? When are you moving up? sorry i'm so curious since its all so new!:)

Damn i wish i had gone! My horse died last year and we haven't gotten a new one since:/ Are you bring a horse or a pony? Are you on campus/off campus? Did you see what they were like as well as the class places thingys? Do they test you on your riding before you start? When are you moving up? sorry i'm so curious since its all so new!:)

I'll pm you my facebook to I can chat you as its easier :-)

Brilliant idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Squuzzling wrote: »
    I got Limerick and Athlone but Cafre is the place to be.

Hmm... this is disputable...

• Advertisement

sup_dude wrote: »
    Hmm... this is disputable...

Apologies if I offended,
    I ment Cafre is the place to be for me rather than Limerick or Athlone. Don't get me wrong I'm sure the other two colleges are fine places to attend - I just feel that Enniskillen is a better option for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Squuzzling wrote: »
    Apologies if I offended,
    I ment Cafre is the place to be for me rather than Limerick or Athlone. Don't get me wrong I'm sure the other two colleges are fine places to attend - I just feel that Enniskillen is a better option for myself.

Oh no, I don't mean it like that! I just meant that in terms of education standards, you'd be better in limerick.

Advertisement