Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so I'm going to Prague..

• 29-08-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭

just booked a week off to go to Prague at the end of September. I'm going on my own and thinking stay in a hostel hopefully meet some friendly strangers that may take pity on me.
    Any must see places/things i should go to? I don't necessarily have to stay in Prague for the week so maybe in neighbouring towns/cities also?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I love Prague, you'll have a ball! I really enjoyed Kutna Hora anyway so that might be worth a visit, there's a bone ossuary there definitely worth seeing, strange but interesting! It was around 1 1/2 hours by bus from Prague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Prague is awesome!! You'll have great time, enjoy!!!

Karlstejn Castle is amazing - like 30 mins on train
    http://goeasteurope.about.com/od/czechrepublic/p/karlstejncastle.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

+1 for kunta hora - pints of staropramen there were 70c!

Theres lots to do in Prague , my favourites were the Mucha gallery, some church where the state philamonic were playing on a sunday morning ( cant remember the name tho) the big park with outdoor bars overlooking the city, and the red hat bar. Theres also a yummy drink called becherovka, I wish id brought some home. If youre into street art , theres an invader mosaic up high near the Child of Prague church.

Theres lots of bars with young people travelling around europe so you can meet lots of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Cheers! Still have yet to formulate some sort of "itinerary" and im going wednesday! Should really get onto that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Prague is amazing! Worked there for 4 months and met so many people!
    Even set up an expat group and it's got around 1500 members now :D

• Advertisement

haha go you! now i wouldnt normally ask this but seeing as ill be gone for the all ireland replay and i happen to be from clare..any place i might catch it over there?assuming im not mad busy with sight seeing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    haha go you! now i wouldnt normally ask this but seeing as ill be gone for the all ireland replay and i happen to be from clare..any place i might catch it over there?assuming im not mad busy with sight seeing!

The only place I can think of is an Irish sports bar called Rocky O'Reillys which is on one of the side streets near the top of Wenceslas Square, website is here http://www.rockyoreillys.cz/

I went there a few times, food is nice and great atmosphere BUT the drinks are expensive enough although you have to expect that when you are in the tourist areas.

There is also the Dubliners bar near Old Town Square but I don't think it is a sports bar ... (once again, tourist area so drinks etc cost more!)

If I think of any other places I'll let you know.

Thanks! found this awesome blog about eating in prague..think i may just travel around following that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pauljosefh

Prague stands out for its beautiful and well preserved historical center. It has a great cultural tradition, music and theater. The district of Hradcany, the Lesser Town and Wenceslas Square are some of the key points to visit in the city. Other important places are Stare Mesto, the Jewish Quarter and Petrin Hill. Other beautiful landscapes can be seen from the Old Tower City, Tower Bridge City, Tower Bridge in Mala Strana, the observation tower on Petrin Tower and the castle Vysehrad Jindrisska.

Advertisement