Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Host Cable

Options
  • 29-08-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Tvix Slim S1 media player that houses a 2tb HDD that I've loaded up with movies and TV shows connected to my TV. I've run out of space on the HDD and wanted to get an external drive to connect to it. The idea being I'd have all movies on the internal 2tb HDD and all TV shows on the external drive that I'll buy.

There's a "USB Host" connection at the back that fits your standard USB cable. My understanding is that I'd need to buy a "USB Host" cable to go from the Tvix to the external drive. I can't find one anywhere though. Any ideas anyone?? :confused:

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

if you have a USB memory stick put it in and see if you can see it,

quick easy test :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

if you have a USB memory stick put it in and see if you can see it,

quick easy test :-)

Thanks. Will do as soon as I find where my memory stick is!! Any idea on where I'd get the cable though? Or is it just a USB male to male?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

When you buy the external drive it will come with a USB cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

this image should help you decide what port you have as my S3 has a micro B as its Host usb port.
    Host and Device interface receptacles

generally you will find type a on devices that are mains powered, and micro-B on portable devices like mobile phones and tablets.

Advertisement