Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your favourite album??

Options
  • 30-08-2013 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

I have several christmas records but I think my FAVOURITE ONE which i just found today IS A MONO ALBUM OF JOHNNY MATHIS's "MERRY CHRISTMAS" (CL-1195) I have the stereo version of this (CS-8021) but wanted the mono one for awhile... (the stereo one is actually my parents that they got back in the 70s)

meG8m_m_CKINcBJdQWcs5Vw.jpg

I love Johnny mathis and I have several of his Albums! (3 more are in mono also)

I have some 78s with some christmas music which is mono also.....

I prefer MONO VERSIONS if I can get it as it sounds even BETTER than Stereo (Everything is combined)

Whats your favourite christmas music?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Wow, thanks, ^ I'll have to take a listen to some Johnny Mathis then... :)
    Right, so these are my all-time besties (wish I knew other good ones, cos christmas music is my absolute fave)...

"Carpenters, Christmas Portrait" - a long playing album with an excellent mix of songs and their renditions are near perfection!
    "Christmas with Julie Andrews" - she sings songs like "The Secret of Christmas" more expressively than anyone.
    "Christmas Song Book" with Helen Merrill and Mel Torme is my must-have, I can listen to it for hours. It's mellow :) and always suits my mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have to say, I'm partial to the Glee Chritmas Specials albums. Lea Michele's version of Oh Holy night gives me goosebumps every single time.

I also like:

“Joy: A Holiday Collection,” by Jewel (looking forward to her new Chritmas album due in November this year!!!)

"Wintersong" by Sarah McLachlan

"A Christmas Cornucopia" by Annie Lennox

I tend to make Christmas playlists though, depending on my mood. Some will be 70's & 80's cheesy music like Wizard and stuff, and then for more mellow evenings in front of the fire I'll have a lot of frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I'm loving Michael Buble Christmas. It's become my default Christmas album.

I do love to wrap by twinkling lighs to Frank, Bing, Dean ect.

For rocking around with the kids, I prefer the usual cheesefest.

I tend to just make playlists on my iPad so I'm not really listening to an album but more a collection of Cheese /classic/ general / Modern Christmas songs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

...I'll have a lot of frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, all that stuff.
    Speaking of BING,i love every 78 I have with him!!

If I find any christmas stuff on 78 i try to get it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RAIN RAIN

Hi do you know when Michael buble will be playing in Europe again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My favourite is the Frank Sinatra one. Nothing says Christmas Eve like it :) Also love the Michael Bublé one!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have to say I'm a big fan of the Michael Buble Album as well :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kelly Clarkson is releasing a Christmas Album at the end of October. Looking forward to hearing it, I like Kelly Clarkson and well I always have been a bit of a Christmas fan too ;)

Advertisement