Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration agent recommendation

Options
  • 30-08-2013 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was wondering if any one could recommend an agent to me for a pr application.
    I am currently on a 457 here in perth as an overhead linesman. I have been in this visa for 10 months. I was looking to lodge an application for a skilled independent visa as I am not long enough with my employer for them to nominate me. Any advice ir previous expierences you may have had with immigration agents in the Perth region or australia wide, who to go with, who to avoid etc..., would be very much appreciated.
    Regards Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Scrappylad wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I was wondering if any one could recommend an agent to me for a pr application.
    I am currently on a 457 here in perth as an overhead linesman. I have been in this visa for 10 months. I was looking to lodge an application for a skilled independent visa as I am not long enough with my employer for them to nominate me. Any advice ir previous expierences you may have had with immigration agents in the Perth region or australia wide, who to go with, who to avoid etc..., would be very much appreciated.
    Regards Niall
    This is a common misconception.
    There's no minimum time limit that you must work for a company for them to nominate you. You don't even have to be currently employed by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Scrappylad

Mellor wrote: »
    This is a common misconception.
    There's no minimum time limit that you must work for a company for them to nominate you. You don't even have to be currently employed by them.

I understand, I probably just worded it incorrectly. It is my companies police that they do not nominate for pr if you have worked less than 2 years with them.

Advertisement