Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Melodic Black Metal

• 30-08-2013 7:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

If you're into your melodic black metal, my band Aeternum Vale have released the first track from our upcoming album, Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges.

The track is called Smash The Pillars and can be heard here --> https://soundcloud.com/aeternum-vale/smash-the-pillars

The album will be released in late September and the artwork was done by the very talented Damien James O' Farrell, who some of you may know as the co-presenter on Dublin City FM's "The Mosh Pit". You can check out his work here --> www.damienjamesofarrell.com

Add us on Facebook if you dig it and leave a comment on the Sound Cloud if you feel like it.

Cheers for listening.

Dave from Aeternum Vale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Don't have a FB or Google Plus account, so I have to leave a comment here...

That's great stuff :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Zurn

I like it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Cheers all.

We're playing at the Satyricon album launch in Fibbers on September 6th.

We'll be throwing up some more songs on our Sound Cloud before our own album launch which will be in and around September 20th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Love the album. Fair play lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Very good.

• Advertisement

Cheers all. Sadly we've had to pull out of the Satyricon album launch tonight but there's still plenty of fun to be had. Decent prizes and drinks promos to be had.

We'll be announcing a few more gigs shortly and throwing up another track in the near future so stay tuned if that track was your kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Nice, shame I only had my ****ty laptop speakers to listen to it on.

Hey all.

We've put another track from the album up on our Sound Cloud account. Have a listen and if you feel like it, let us know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/aeternum-vale/into-the-depths-my-acolyte

Absolutely brilliant stuff :cool:

Cheers mate. We'll be playing Fibbers on Friday Dec 6th to launch our album. Hope to see some of ye there.

• Advertisement

dib wrote: »
    Cheers mate. We'll be playing Fibbers on Friday Dec 6th to launch our album. Hope to see some of ye there.

That date is in my diary...hope, I'm not in work that day.

Yeah it's shaping up to be a great night.

The line up is (in no particular order) -- Aeternum Vale, Dead Aeon, AeSect, Psykosis, Killface,
    By Conquest or Consent, Edenfire, Hollow Truth, Katabolisis, Twisted Autocracy, Awaken Dominion.

Doors are at 7pm and it's €5 in. The two floors are open that night so there'll be plenty happening.

Also, we'll be shooting our performance for our upcoming music video and selling our debut album and first run of t-shirts that night too.

dib wrote: »
    Yeah it's shaping up to be a great night.

The line up is (in no particular order) -- Aeternum Vale, Dead Aeon, AeSect, Psykosis, Killface,
    By Conquest or Consent, Edenfire, Hollow Truth, Katabolisis, Twisted Autocracy, Awaken Dominion.

Doors are at 7pm and it's €5 in. The two floors are open that night so there'll be plenty happening.

Also, we'll be shooting our performance for our upcoming music video and selling our debut album and first run of t-shirts that night too.

That's some value for money, I'll do my very best to be around :)

Reviews for the album starting to come in now. Here's one from Extrminal.

Self Release Demo - 2013- Ireland

The band AETERNUM VALE is from Ireland. With “Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges“ they recently released their debut album in in-house production.
    Melodic Black Metal is probably the best transcription of AETERNUM VALEs music. Pitch-black, of sorrow and melancholy soaked songs which bewitch the listener. A bizarre symbiosis of dark Black Metal tones and musical parts. Skilful merged they reveal the bands' sound. Underlaid with forceful bass-lines and an indeed always remaining in the background, but nevertheless powerful drumming develop all in all eight songs in the mid tempo area. Small loosening ups offer guitar solis which fit in perfectly into the overall structure without thereby appearing disturbing. Very professional and with much blood, sweat and tears recorded you can literally feel emotions and darkness. A very successful debut. Listen to “Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges“ preferably yourselves. It's worth it!!!!

8.3/10

Read more at http://extreminal.com/extreminal/review.asp?id=980#4VgTdDRVYZuCukoE.99

A few more reviews coming in for our debut album.

Review from Zero Tolerance.

"This is a nice little self release of (pre-dominantly) Melodic Black Metal. The boys have definitely drawn from the Dissection mould, but with enough variety in their approach, and in their deeper, fuller sound to avoid being beaten mercilessly with the plagiarism stick. There are plenty of decent ideas in here, and the album has a good feel to it. However, it seems to flounder a little in the middle, leaving me thinking Aeternum Vale would have had a killer EP here, as opposed to a fairly good album. A little trimming of the fat would have paid dividends.
    3.5/5"

Friedhof-Magazine.

The first work of this melodic Black Metal band from Ireland, and I have to say, I really enjoyed listening to this album. This a very solid showing for a debut and this band can become a big name in the scene if they continue down this path.
    Enough of the future, let's talk about this work, entitled " Inter Arma EnimSilentLeges. "
    What we are provided with by Aeternum Vale is Melodic Black Metal, focused on melodies and dark, melancholy rhythms, combining very fast parts with slow acoustic riffs.
    The riffs are full of darkness and feeling.
    The vocals fit perfectly with the style, cracked, with an air of melancholy or depair.
    It is hard to pick a highlight from the album as it is so well executed and keeps the listener intrigued until the very end.
    My personal favourites are "Into the Depths My Acolyte", one of the fastest songs of the album and "The Ghosts of Martyrs" perhaps the most melodic.
    This album will delight fans of melodic Black Metal. Highly recommended.

8.5 / 10

Also here's a link to ANOTHER NEW TRACK we've uploaded onto Sound Cloud.

https://soundcloud.com/aeternum-vale/05-on-barren-soil-we-fell

As well as that , we're running a competition on our Facebook Page for a cooy of the Album.

Check that out here --> https://www.facebook.com/aeternum.vale.9/posts/572133839569402

Advertisement