Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 3G connection issue

• 30-08-2013 8:55am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since a small update about a week ago my 3G connection is fúcked. It keeps dropping and the bars just show grey.

I've tried going into airplane mode, turning it on and off, selecting 2G only and *#*#4363#*#* -> Phone information -> Select radio brand (keeps crashing here) -> disable connection then re-enabling it. Nothing works.

Does anyone know if I can downgrade from the update? I've searched online and apparently this is an issue that a few people have and Google haven't addressed it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Since a small update about a week ago my 3G connection is fúcked. It keeps dropping and the bars just show grey.

I've tried going into airplane mode, turning it on and off, selecting 2G only and *#*#4363#*#* -> Phone information -> Select radio brand (keeps crashing here) -> disable connection then re-enabling it. Nothing works.

Does anyone know if I can downgrade from the update? I've searched online and apparently this is an issue that a few people have and Google haven't addressed it.

Why you selecting radio band on the *#4636?

Change it from WCDMA to GSM preferred and see does it sort it out....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Fieldog wrote: »

It was just something someone suffering from the same problem stated they did in the process and it worked. Wanted to mirror it and see if I could get it to work.

Fieldog wrote: »

Tried this and it solved the problem for all of about 10 seconds. It's gone again. :(

Have the good folk of Boards got any other advice? It's wrecking my head so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

Try asking over on this forum on xda
    forum.
    xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2145848

I got the latest update and have no problems,I am on stock ,rooted with custom recovery.

• Advertisement

fitzdragon wrote: »
    Try asking over on this forum on xda
    forum.
    xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2145848

I got the latest update and have no problems,I am on stock ,rooted with custom recovery.

Maybe I'm missing something but that link isn't a link..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2145848

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

Mate did you get any info on a fix for this? I got my phone last week and I am on the verge of selling it, utterly ridiculous. I have no 3g ever,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

Pm1e wrote: »
    Mate did you get any info on a fix for this? I got my phone last week and I am on the verge of selling it, utterly ridiculous. I have no 3g ever,

Issue resolved, had to manually input data into settings

• Advertisement
Advertisement