Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More warts!

• 30-08-2013 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭

15 year old JRT (in great shape for his age) has a few warts on his body
    Just noticed yet another one on his front paw, just above his toes
    He spends a lot of time 'washing' it :P
    Its not a problem really - I know warts in older dogs are probably an immune system deficiency and that all dogs are exposed to the papilloma virus that causes these warts. Im just surprised that this one seemed to pop up so quickly - maybe I just didnt notice - he's very hairy.
    Just thought I would bring up the subject of warts and lumps and bumps.
    Ive read that castor oil or vitamin e applied to a wart will make it less irritating to the dog, but I dont feel its necessary with my old boy. The vet has checked his other warts and wasnt bothered in the least. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that he doesnt develop any on his beautiful ears or head (to interfere with the stroking/scratching!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Was just thinking the very same the other day! My 11 year old has had a wart now for about 2 years which has got quite large in the past 6 months - then a couple of months ago 3 new warts appeared all of a sudden:eek: - they're on his back so hes not biting at them or anything, and vet not concerned by them either, but I hope he doesnt get any more:( - he has long hair and I need to be extra careful when I clip him.

Advertisement