Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World leaders in cloud computing will be in #Waterford next month for tech conference

Options
  • 30-08-2013 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

from WLR site.......fair play whoever organised this. wonder where its on? think it will crossover with the harvest festival so should be a bit for them to see and do, maybe they might be so impressed they will move their companies from California to here, sure why wouldnt they.:D

200 web developers and technologists will be in Waterford for the Node conference on a new software technology system from September 9th-11th. Some of the worlds top industry leaders will be in attendance at this high tech conference including representatives from Walmart, Yahoo!, Skype, PayPal and The Mail Online. It has been revealed that this three-day event is now set to take place in Waterford City.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

This is great news! Is it an open conference? (is that a stupid question?) In any case it's excellent all the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

It is to be held on the Island, in Waterford Castle. Interesting development though.
    700 Euros for a day ticket and 1000 for an "early ticket".

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

jmcc wrote: »
    It is to be held on the Island, in Waterford Castle. Interesting development though.

Regards...jmcc

Thought the guy that set it up said on wlr yesterday that it would be on in Waterford castle? Open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

I did some digging around and all the info points to it being in the castle. And it's limited to 140 tickets. There's no social media pages for the event so I'm thinking it's aimed directly at Technology company employees etc.

http://www.nodeconfeu.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Think i might head down to the ferry with a placard asking for a job :P Someone might take pity on me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

It's definitely on in Waterford Castle. There was an article in the Irish Times about it and saw a few tweets & posts on Facebook too.

Advertisement