Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working hours

Options
  • 30-08-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

We are possibly going to have to work different hours in work over the next few months and one of the times we have to finish would be midnight and I am concerned how I will get home :(

I don't have a car and if I pay for a taxi, it will cost me at least 40 euro a trip and the company will pay me back in the next pay but I can't afford that regularly :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Could you not just 'recycle' the same €40 if you are going to be reimbursed next day by your employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

What does your contract say in relation to working hours?

If your contract doesn't allow for changes, are they getting you to sign new contracts?

Have you asked your manager can they front the cost of the taxi or do it on account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I won't get the money back till my next payslip (so the following month)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Sorry, I misread 'pay' in your post. Maybe you could try asking the company for advance payment for taxi fares for the initial period, you might get an estimate from a local taxi company and use that as a guide. Good luck with it, it seems only for a few months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

if the company are willing to give 40 a day for taxis youd get a nice car on hp for 200 quid a week (top of the range beamer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Ask the company to set up an account with one or two local taxi firms?
    That's what my company did (several years ago admittedly) when I worked a rotating 24/7 shift job.

Advertisement