Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Congreve

Options
  • 30-08-2013 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,
    I see that Mount Congreve Gardens are open to the public this saturday
    Are children allowed to visit the gardens?

Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

i think so yeah but a bit of common sense is expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Was out there today, it's just gorgeous. Can't believe we have this on our doorstep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

joni1 wrote: »
    Was out there today, it's just gorgeous. Can't believe we have this on our doorstep

Its been there and open at various times for at least the last 20 years (when I first visited) and afaik a lot longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

It used to be open to the public on Thursdays but you couldn't bring kids. That's enough to put me off. I believe kids were allowed in over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

lewisdhead wrote: »
    It used to be open to the public on Thursdays but you couldn't bring kids. That's enough to put me off. I believe kids were allowed in over the weekend.

We just used to go in with kids, you rarely if ever saw anyone and the staff apart from the manager would never have said anything. We did get told no kids on one occasion but we were half way around the garden so finished our visit.

Only garden I've ever visited where you had to sign a disclaimer.

Always a strange place and the legacy seems to go on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement