Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday opening hours Cork city

Options
  • 30-08-2013 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I need to lodge some foreign currency cheques to my account. I was told previously this is a counter transaction only. My local branch has had its saturday opening hours removed.

I work for a living, so can only get to a bank outside 8-5.

What branches are open around Cork city on Saturday?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi pwurple,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Although some of our branches are opened Saturdays, this is for customer meetings and account opening only and there is no cash services available. As foreign cheques cannot be lodged using a Lodgement ATM the only thing we could suggest would be to post the cheques to the branch.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hi Tara, 

I don't require any cash, I want to lodge directly to my account.

What documentation would be required with the letter I would post? In the branch I usually have to provide my pin number to lodge a foreign cheque. I'm not inclined to post my pin number anywhere.

Are there plans to open branches on Saturdays in Cork city at all? 

I am unhappy paying nearly 100 euro a year on fees when these services are not available. 

Hi pwurple,

My apologies if I wasn't very clear, there is no counter services available so cash and cheques cannot be lodged on a Saturday. This service is currently being run on a pilot basis and we are not aware of any immediate plans to roll this out to more branches. You can keep up to date on this pilot here and there is also a link to provide feedback in relation to Saturday opening.

A covering letter that includes your account details and a contact phone number will be fine. We would never request that you disclose your card pin and it should only be entered on a card terminal or ATM.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara, 

thanks, I went to provide feedback on the link provided. the pilot service is not even anywhere in munster it seems. Drogheda is the closest, at a 3 hour drive away. Not acceptable I'm afraid. 

The link http://www.boifeedback.com/ does not function either, I get a RunTime Serverside error on clicking.

On further thought, I have checked with other providers, and it seems standard enough with other banks. Loathe as I am to have to close my accounts which I have open for several decades, and go through that hassle,  I do require a Saturday service in Cork city at a very minimum.

Here is the error I receive from the Saturday opening link if it helps resolve that:

Runtime Error
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

[/font]
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]
    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

[/font]
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Hi pwurple,

Apologies for the error message on the link and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'll send this on to our Web Team for urgent investigation. 

We will be passing on your feedback from here regarding Saturday opening.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Tara, just wantead to let you know that link is still not working. 

Did the web team urgently investigate as you requested?

Regards.

Hi pwurple,

If you are clicking the link to the feedback form that you provided on your previous post, you will be brought to the same error message however, this link was removed from the website on 02/09/2013. Any reported issues with our website are treated as urgent and if any investigating is required, it is started immediately.

As mentioned, the feedback you've provided here has been passed on to our branch network.

Thanks
    Tara

So, removing the feedback link entirely was the fix. I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jimbo37

So, pwurple, did you change bank yet & do you find your new bank any better?

I sure did. Delighted I don't have to deal with The Most Unhelpful Bank in Ieland anymore. :)

Yes, new bank is much better. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement