Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking the 12 bens!

Options
  • 30-08-2013 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Anyone here interested in coming along with me and some friends to the 12 bens on Saturday?

Hoping to leave on Saturday morning from Galway city at 7.30 or 8am so that we can do the full horseshoe, starting with Ben Corr:
    http://mountainviews.ie/summit/101/

You need to be very fit, have good hiking boots with ankle support, and have rain gear and also plenty of water and food. Bring any other hiking stuff you have, e.g. compass or area maps.

Let's hope for good weather :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 quarrymen

Cancelled a trip there today because of expected windy conditions early. Its unpleasant on that ridge walk in wind. I'm interested in where you are proposing to start from though?. Leaving out Derryclare...

Tomorrow does look a little better http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Twelve-Bens/forecasts/729

Be careful out there and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Greatest hike i never finished.

Myself and Mrs S did about 1/3 of it one year and had to turn back when the weather turned on us. No real escape routes of it but that's half the thrill.

Thanks for the reminder, must go back and finish it some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Enjoy! I'm building up my fitness to do it next year. Please give us a report!

Would have been tempted, its on my to do list. But have a stag in Waterford this weekend and gonna try and head off to the Knockmealdowns and bag a few there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 quarrymen

Love to hear how ye got on Dagon et al.

• Advertisement
Advertisement