Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Incorrect Salary

Options
  • 30-08-2013 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Quick question. I got a promotion that was effective 1st August, and received my payslip a couple of days ago, only to find that I was paid according to my old wage. Turns out that HR never informed Payroll of my promotion - now I'm being told that Payroll can only authorize one payment a month and I won't get the missing amount until next month's wage. HR have apologised and said there's nothing they can do, they understand my disappointment etc.

Is this just an internal matter or is there any way I can pursue the missing amount? Have a holiday coming up this month and every euro counts, especially a three figure sum I've already worked for and haven't been paid :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Sounds like a reasonable mistake. Same happened to me a few years ago and it was back-paid.

I can't comment on whether you can make them pay you but personally, I wouldn't chase it too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd imagine its a 'computer says no' scenario. By the time you're done arguing your next months payment will be in anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

3 figures?

Just wait untill next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Fair enough if there's nothing I can do. Just frustrating is all. Not the first time HR have made my life difficult through "administrative errors".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah jamarcus, i would just wait, next month is a bumper month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

..... Not the first time HR have made my life difficult through "administrative errors".

HR employees - in my opinion - are generally idiots

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It happens in every company though, when i joined my current company, they paid my incorrectly for 8 months (despite numerous calls to the payroll dept).

I got promoted earlier in the year and the same thing has happened.

Will claim it back at the end of the year

Advertisement