Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a complete joke

Options
  • 30-08-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

twice in the last two weeks i have tried to do some normal banking transactions and i have failed both times. the first one was to simply get a bank draft(not possible anymore!) and the second was to find out that if i missed a direct debit payment into my savings account would it show up on my ICB report. i rang banking 365 and they didnt know. what a joke, its a very basic question

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

As far as I know, ICB only relates to credit agreements, i.e. loans mortgages etc. A standing order between your current account and savings account shouldn't cause a problem, in relation to ICB.
    Re the drafts, yes, it is getting very difficult to do any transactions in branches. I seldom go in, except occasionally for foreign currency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi JAMM222,

We are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the level of service received when calling Banking365. 

The representatives in Banking365 are there to answer general banking queries on your account but would not be in a position to discuss ICB reports or credit ratings. This type of query would need to be directed to a Customer Advisor in your branch or the Irish Credit Bureau directly.

What LynnGrace mentioned above is correct, ICB only relates to credit agreements i.e. loans, credit cards and overdrafts.

It is still possible to purchase foreign or domestic drafts for amounts of €500 or more.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Hi JAMM222,

We are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the level of service received when calling Banking365. 

The representatives in Banking365 are there to answer general banking queries on your account but would not be in a position to discuss ICB reports or credit ratings. This type of query would need to be directed to a Customer Advisor in your branch or the Irish Credit Bureau directly.

What LynnGrace mentioned above is correct, ICB only relates to credit agreements i.e. loans, credit cards and overdrafts.

It is still possible to purchase foreign or domestic drafts for amounts of €500 or more.

Thanks
    Tara
    well maybe they should be trained to answer questions like that, its a simple question.

Hi Jamm222,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll pass it on to the appropriate department.

Have a nice weekend.
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Hi Jamm222,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll pass it on to the appropriate department.

Have a nice weekend.
    Tara
    thanks Tara, maybe you might update the thread with some feedback after you send on my suggestion i.e. let us know if they will be trained to deal with questions like this or not

• Advertisement

Hi JAMM222,

Rest assured your feedback has been passed on however, we may not be in a position to post if/when training takes place.

Thanks again,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clairesy

Like JAMM222 I went into the bank today for a draft and couldn't get one. Would it not be helpful if there was a sign up to inform customers that this service is not available for sums less than 500 euro?
    I also tried to order copies of statements but they can't be ordered in branch now for some reason, I need to ring customer services. After waiting 30 mins in the bank to get absolutely nothing done for me I'm pretty pissed off with Bank of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

If LynnGrace knew (may or may not be, or have been, a bank employee) and Tara can confirm in a short post that the credit rating is not affected by an internal account transfer, then surely it would not be a huge inconvenience, or entail more than a few minutes extra training, to impart this information to the staff who deal with telephone queries.

clairesy wrote: »
    Like JAMM222 I went into the bank today for a draft and couldn't get one. Would it not be helpful if there was a sign up to inform customers that this service is not available for sums less than 500 euro?
    I also tried to order copies of statements but they can't be ordered in branch now for some reason, I need to ring customer services. After waiting 30 mins in the bank to get absolutely nothing done for me I'm pretty pissed off with Bank of Ireland.
    Hi clairesy,

The branches should have signs advising of this. If you could send us a pm with the name of the branch you visited, we can request that they ensure the signs are displayed in a more predominant area.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement