Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Ordering for release day now

• 30-08-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I remember when GTA 4 came out and it was pure mayhem trying to secure a copy on release day, something which I failed to do in the end

I wanted to pre-order now to receive the game on release day. Anyone know where my best bet is at this stage? I'm not really interested in the digital copy, it's a rip off!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

You looking to buy online or in a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

maninblack wrote: »
    I remember when GTA 4 came out and it was pure mayhem trying to secure a copy on release day, something which I failed to do in the end

I wanted to pre-order now to receive the game on release day. Anyone know where my best bet is at this stage? I'm not really interested in the digital copy, it's a rip off!

You're best bet at this stage is to pre-order it and fully pay off the game, then to head to a midnight launch. Pretty much your only way to guarantee a launch day copy these days.

maninblack wrote: »

Really? Where do you live out of curiousity? (curios as to whether its a town, city, countryside, etc.).

I'm in Drogheda and comfortably lifted a copy in Argos at 10am on release day. I was one of three that had bought there that morning, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash.ie have it for 60 euro (incl standard delivery). If you are in an urban area, city, etc, standard delivery should get to you on release day (mine always have) but you can choose express delivery if you want to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ROREO93

If you live near Dundrum, HMV are taking preorders from the 12th onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Pick a copy up in one of the big Tesco's handy enough I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Pick a copy up in one of the big Tesco's handy enough I'd say.

Risky though, GTAIV sold out in no time even in non-game places, and this will be even bigger again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I pre-ordered of amazon for £34.99 and there's a rumour they will start posting the game Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

I pre-ordered of amazon for £34.99 and there's a rumour they will start posting the game Saturday.

Is delivery free to Ireland? Curious because I'm going to order from smyths online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    Is delivery free to Ireland? Curious because I'm going to order from smyths online.

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

CasualLiKE wrote: »

The free shipping to Ireland is the 3-4 day option, I think, but if you use Parcel Motel, you get free first class delivery. See this post.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is it worth preordering? Will those bonuses affect gameplay do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I got a dispatch confirmation mail off Amazon this morning! The expected delivery day is still Tuesday mind you. I am getting it delivered to parcel motel in Belfast, I went that way because Amazon were offering free same day delivery for the UK, so I got the impression they would ship them first class on Monday....pfffft I probably should have just got it delivered to my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

I also got the dispatched email from Amazon today, I know its a long shot but with next day delivery and Parcel motel shipping on Saturdays.. is there a chance it could actually arrive early?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I haven't pre-ordered. I'm just gonna walk into Xtravision probably just after 8:00am. Do you think I'll have problems not getting a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I also got the dispatched email from Amazon today, I know its a long shot but with next day delivery and Parcel motel shipping on Saturdays.. is there a chance it could actually arrive early?

Doubt it, the estimated delivery date is still Tuesday in the dispatch mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I haven't pre-ordered. I'm just gonna walk into Xtravision probably just after 8:00am. Do you think I'll have problems not getting a copy?

From the talk on here, if you're not on a pre-order list you're running a high chance of not picking up a copy on release day.

Also, it was said if you pre-order with Gamestop, they'll keep your pre-order for 48 hours so that would be the route I'd go down if I couldnt make a midnight launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WSobchak95

GavRedKing wrote: »
    From the talk on here, if you're not on a pre-order list you're running a high chance of not picking up a copy on release day.

Also, it was said if you pre-order with Gamestop, they'll keep your pre-order for 48 hours so that would be the route I'd go down if I couldnt make a midnight launch.
    I reserved with GameStop and the first time I read the receipt I read the 'UPCOMING RELEASE PRODUCTS WILL BE HELD FOR 48 HOURS AFTER RELEASE.' bit and thought it meant I couldn't collect until two days after it had been released and then I realised that it meant I was guaranteed to pick up a copy on release day. I literally cannot wait this long. But I also recommend reserving a copy in GameStop if you can't make a midnight release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I got it pre-ordered on Amazon with free expedited delivery thanks to Amazon Prime

Got a nice hard cover bradygames guide coming with it too. I don't aften go for these game guides but with a game as vast as GTA they're a treat to read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

What kind of detail do those guides go into? I've seen several guides for GTA games before. I think a good guide would be worth picking up for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    What kind of detail do those guides go into? I've seen several guides for GTA games before. I think a good guide would be worth picking up for this game.

They go into a good bit of detail from the ones I've read. I find with the guides for big expansive games like GTA I could sit down and read the guide for hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Had one of those for San Andreas - do not lend it to people, you will never see it again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mc Love wrote: »
    Had one of those for San Andreas - do not lend it to people, you will never see it again!!!

I had one for FF7, lent to a mate... guide has been MIA for the past 15/16 years :(

My preorder arrived in parcel motel this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

My preorder arrived in parcel motel this morning!

What date did you pre order on? I ordered on the 22nd of August but hasn't shipped yet. :-(

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    What date did you pre order on? I ordered on the 22nd of August but hasn't shipped yet. :-(

10th of September was my order date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

10th of September was my order date

So it must not be going in order of orders so. F you amazon :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

This is an honest question, so don't bite my head off. Why is there such a fascination with getting the game As Soon As Possible? Midnight launches, etc. Is is just a bit of craic or can people genuinely not just wait until things die down a bit? The same thing happens with FIFA every year, but I always drop in a few days later and pick it up off the shelf. Is there a risk that GTA will sell out and leave people with a few weeks wait. Surely that's unlikely. The distributor must know it's gonna be a record breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

TechGuy, are you getting yours sent via Parcel Motel address in Northern Ireland? Those seem to be the ones getting it early.
    I am getting mine sent to an address in Ireland and it has not dispatched yet, i ordered the day after you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭circadian

Order from game.co.uk got cancelled by the bank because their system put through a double order.

F*cksticks.

Advertisement