Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Ordering for release day now

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

DBIreland wrote: »
    TechGuy, are you getting yours sent via Parcel Motel address in Northern Ireland? Those seem to be the ones getting it early.
    I am getting mine sent to an address in Ireland and it has not dispatched yet, i ordered the day after you.

I went for super saver delivery to my Ireland address. Regret not going the pm route now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

are gamestop taking trade ins on gta, i saw on website you can trade in 2 games and get a selected game for 10

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WSobchak95

jap gt wrote: »
    are gamestop taking trade ins on gta, i saw on website you can trade in 2 games and get a selected game for 10
    Yeh, that deal is available for GTA V. Trade in two games and get it for €10. Games have to be reasonably new though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Like pretty much every big title launch, pretty sure I'll casually stroll into a shop on release day on lunch, and pickup a copy.

I havn't missed out a major release day title in years : / Don't see this being any different

TheDoc wrote: »
    Like pretty much every big title launch, pretty sure I'll casually stroll into a shop on release day on lunch, and pickup a copy.

I havn't missed out a major release day title in years : / Don't see this being any different

The gameshops are obviously going to use scare tactics so people get panicked and pre-book with them.

We were told with so many games before that if you didn't pre order you wouldn't get one.

For GTA4 they reckoned you'd be waiting 1-2 weeks without a pre-order. Maybe you would have a problem if you're in a small town with one outlet, but in a city anyway I can't see there being none on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

WSobchak95 wrote: »
    Yeh, that deal is available for GTA V. Trade in two games and get it for €10. Games have to be reasonably new though.

arkham city, and sniper 2 ghost warrior limited edition

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Went into Tesco Clearwater there to see about prebooking. Was told that they don't do it there, but that they have "loads in stock. More than I've seen for any other game. I've heard all the Tescos are the same. I'd be surprised if they all go on the opening day."

They haven't yet decided about a Midnight opening, but said to pop back tomorrow and they'll know more then. they were lovely to deal with, but I'd say they were casual Sunday staff.

Deadlie wrote: »
    Went into Tesco Clearwater there to see about prebooking. Was told that they don't do it there, but that they have "loads in stock. More than I've seen for any other game. I've heard all the Tescos are the same. I'd be surprised if they all go on the opening day."

They haven't yet decided about a Midnight opening, but said to pop back tomorrow and they'll know more then. they were lovely to deal with, but I'd say they were casual Sunday staff.

What price will it be in Tesco do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    What price will it be in Tesco do you know?

Havent a clue I'm afraid. I see its £40 on the UK site, but I can't get the Irish one to open on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Id say you only have to pre order if you want the super de duper edition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

For me it's just handy to have gotten it early because I'm going to be working all week so at least i have a chance to play a good bit today. The only reason I pre ordered is that it seemed Amazon were going to be cheaper than everyone else anyway. Otherwise I'd have waited and shopped around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Are midnight launches only for those that have pre-ordered??

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I went for super saver delivery to my Ireland address. Regret not going the pm route now.

I've changed the address on my order to the parcel motel northern ireland address. This has brought my estimated delivery date from Thursday/Friday to Wednesday. Might even arrive Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Might be worth a try for you too...

DBIreland wrote: »
    I've changed the address on my order to the parcel motel northern ireland address. This has brought my estimated delivery date from Thursday/Friday to Wednesday. Might even arrive Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Might be worth a try for you too...

I might try that, thanks, does anyone know what price tesco will be selling it at? If it's around the same I'll just buy it there and cancel my amazon order since it hasn't dispatched yet.

I might try that, thanks, does anyone know what price tesco will be selling it at? If it's around the same I'll just buy it there and cancel my amazon order since it hasn't dispatched yet.

Someone on a thread around here said either €55 or €57, can't remember. Obviously it's unconfirmed but unless it comes in at €45 or less, it's more expensive than Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Uk price of 40 so I'd say 50 quid, no idea though...

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Anyone know what the story with the pre-order blimp. How is that distributed? Is it in game case or is it an extra card with the code that is given when you buy?

Hareton wrote: »
    Are midnight launches only for those that have pre-ordered??

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Anyone?

No Gamestop is opening at 10.00pm to let the people who preordered Gta V to pay off the money they owe. I doubt you'd have much of a chance of getting a copy without previously preordering it though.

Anyone know what the story with the pre-order blimp. How is that distributed? Is it in game case or is it an extra card with the code that is given when you buy?

It's an online code printed on an insert within the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anyone looking for a pre order that guarantees the game tonight , I am selling mine on adverts for same price as I have paid. I just refuse to give gamestop any more money. I hope it helps someone out that is looking for the game.

http://www.adverts.ie/games/pre-order-for-gtav/3780984

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I just pre-ordered with Amazon using my UK Parcel Motel address. Will probably come to €52 in total or thereabouts. The gf is heading out of the country for 4 nights, Wed - Sun. She really could not have timed that better! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Fizman wrote: »
    I just pre-ordered with Amazon using my UK Parcel Motel address. Will probably come to €52 in total or thereabouts. The gf is heading out of the country for 4 nights, Wed - Sun. She really could not have timed that better! :pac:

Sounds complicated.

You know you can order direct from amazon uk and pay with Euros?I ordered this morning, paid with euros, and was €50 with free delivery. No need to be clever with it, Amazon changed their electronics shipping to Ireland policy along time ago ;)

Item Subtotal: £33.31
    Delivery & Handling: £0.00
    Total Before VAT: £33.31
    VAT: £7.66
    Order Total: £40.97
    EUR 50,82*
    Selected Payment Method: Visa

Walshey96 wrote: »
    No Gamestop is opening at 10.00pm to let the people who preordered Gta V to pay off the money they owe. I doubt you'd have much of a chance of getting a copy without previously preordering it though.

Just found out my local tesco is staying open till 1am for tonight and have got a good few copies of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just found out my local tesco is staying open till 1am for tonight and have got a good few copies of the game

What Tesco is that?

Fieldog wrote: »
    What Tesco is that?

Portlaoise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

The Tesco my friend works at has 300 copies for Xbox, 200 PS3. They usually get around 3 or 4 in of each game.

Advertisement